project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Ca6e
Default New points system for APC assets

In case that APC stand for Armoured Personel Carrier, they should have less points for killng the Enemy, and also no intel points for killing the insurgent on ins. mode. They should get points if they have one sq or about 4 infantry around 25-50m radius. A lot of APC squads are working as Tanks on the other side of map. They should get a negative points beeing alone and 300m away from other infantry sq for more then 10 min.

this is just my suggestion, becouse I have enought of walking from main base for 20 min, to reach a desired destination, couse APC is engaging Enemy going out of mosque, and donot respond for SL need for extraction.
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
SkaterCrush

Default Re: New points system for APC assets

A lot of the stuff you said was hardcoded. Go to a good server and generally if someone is running around killing people its because they are going somewhere. A lot of times you will have a designated APC transport squad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SkaterCrush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

points wont change nothing, we had reset your score to 0 once you killed civi back in 0.85, but who worried about this(i personally didnt)? and you know, gun ontop of APC is supposed to kill somebody, why death from 25mm round should give less intel than death from 5.56? things you described are up to players, not to scoreboard

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Ccharge

why should they be punished? I can get across 2 km maps in less then 10 minutes if your squad needs a pickup. If everybody actually needed the apcs that is. I havent transported a full squad for ages. They always either A) take a jeep, B) take a heli , or C) walk. Never the APC.

if you miss him... try, try again
Ccharge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
Kruder

Who is giving a flying >£$ about scoreboard and personal points?
Why their kill is less valuable as ins.,they are threatened with a different range of weapons,and they need a 2 guy with a mic to operate effectively+and they have 10 ticket valued asset at their disposal.
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Who is giving a flying >£$ about scoreboard and personal points?
cuz its nice to see your squad on the final scoreboard

it would be interesting if ALL units got points for friendlies killing an enemy if they are standing within 15m

the logic being that being near and covering an arc, they actually contributed to the kill

teamwork orientated players would soon be projected to the top of the scoreboard

(as long as Building points were decreased...its like you get a gold star for a kill, and you win the lottery if you build a firebase )

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

As my failed attempt to enlighten the masses has shown, people prefer the "light tank" approach with IFV's and to a lesser extent APC's.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
Meza82

i agree that APCs should get less intel points for killing insurgents becuase an APC with 25mm HEAT is different from "boots on the ground" with 5.56. boots on the ground have more contact with people -locals or enemies. APCs have more contact with commander than indigenous populations.

Violence is power
In .308 we trust
Meza82 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
Ca6e

Yeah but if u have like in RL where Rpg who kill or disable APC and his crew with one shot will u go inside no. But real life is different, APC is there to support and cover inf. from small arms bullets. And they are not operating 2 km away, couse they got blown away. My point of all this is like D32b Rudd write, it will be batter teamplay, and APC wont snipe from 500m. And yes if u are hit with 0.25 inc 0.50 inc heat bullet, in the leg u die instantly eather from bleeding out or shock like hart attack. So if u kill ins. with heavy weapons, how could they told u anything, if they r blown away. This is project realty not what u need to kill most of enemy.
i like this mode becouse teamplay and nothing else, elswere i will play BF2 vanilla and snipe and jump.
Remember this is just suggestion how to made teamplay better.
when i play i do not look for kills, but teamplay, and afcourse i look on the points at the end i saw my name on top ten players on the map. Afcourse i am honoured, couse i play PR for about 7 months, and i play much more Teamway like others when i see.
Yes and in RL is power of multiple shooting and hit probability much higher if only one shoot, when they come to hot zone they disembark and cover apc from almost all side, couse human eye is much more sensitive then camera, and they can spot/kill/suppres enemy before is too late.
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
Scared_420

apc point system should stay the same, when apcs are used correctly they should be getting more if anything as the troops on the ground are relying on them for much needed support
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
apc, assets, points, system