project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
mp5punk
Banned

Default Match and Shoot for rockets

Ok so im not sure if this relates to any other threads or the one below this about guided hydras but its more of a realalistic way for shooting hydras. Its the way its done in real life.

Apache Clips - Apache Crew Hit By IED

In the beggining when they shoot rockets you see that crossair line sort of thing and they say match and shoot, is this possible to be put in PR?
mp5punk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
waldo_ii
Default Re: Match and Shoot for rockets

Do you even know what the "crosshair" thing is, do you have any sort of explanation, or are we supposed to go find out ourselves and do all of the research ourselves so we can put your suggestion in?

|TGXV| Waldo_II

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Re-opening for someone who actually has done research.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Last edited by crazy11; 07-26-2009 at 04:46 AM..
Old 07-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #4
[MPN]Slouch2

Thanks Crazy,

You can read about the Match and Shoot process in the FM 1-140 field manual located here-

FM 1-140 Chapter 6

Scroll down to "6-20. PHRASEOLOGY", section "f", subsection (5).

It is also described in detail the book 'Apache', written by Ed Macy.

The process basically involves the Gunner using his laser designator to spot a target, which provides Range and Direction to the Apache's fire control system, which in turn generates a symbol onto the Pilots HUD, which is the 'I' bar you see on the above gun camera footage. The Pilots matches a second 'I' bar into the first and fires the rockets.

This would be extremely difficult to code into PR because the BF2 engine, as far as I know, has no functionality even remotely close to this sort of thing.

There really isn't a need for this function to be honest- the gunner should be able to visually describe the targets location to the pilot anyway.

[MPN]Slouch2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
AnimalMother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MPN]Slouch2 View Post
Thanks Crazy,

You can read about the Match and Shoot process in the FM 1-140 field manual located here-

FM 1-140 Chapter 6

Scroll down to "6-20. PHRASEOLOGY", section "f", subsection (5).

It is also described in detail the book 'Apache', written by Ed Macy.

The process basically involves the Gunner using his laser designator to spot a target, which provides Range and Direction to the Apache's fire control system, which in turn generates a symbol onto the Pilots HUD, which is the 'I' bar you see on the above gun camera footage. The Pilots matches a second 'I' bar into the first and fires the rockets.

This would be extremely difficult to code into PR because the BF2 engine, as far as I know, has no functionality even remotely close to this sort of thing.

There really isn't a need for this function to be honest- the gunner should be able to visually describe the targets location to the pilot anyway.

plus if the gunner is SL (in the case where there is no spotter) would an attack marker not do the same thing? or did i miss something else?

EDIT::: not sure if he still can as its been a while since i gunned, but can the gunner still lase stuff? and can the pilot see the laser splash?

|TG-31st|

vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl
"

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
StuTika

Yes and yes.

Right click with any weapon selected and you will drop a laser target box that can be seen by the pilot of any aircraft (except transport helis I think not sure on that though).

Stu.
StuTika is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
McBumLuv

AS stu said, yes he can. Of course it takes an age for it to ever get to the target, but yes, he can.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Hitman.2.5

where is Alex? XD

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #9
CAS_117

He's on vacation now, probably on a boat somewhere. He will be back in at least 100 hours.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
match, rockets, shoot