project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
ma21212
Supporting Member

Default Change MEC tracers to yellow

Scince MEC uses all German weapons wont it make sense to make the tracers yellow instead of green? (ps: im not sure that the Germans weapons still use yellow but i know they used it in WWII)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ma21212; 07-06-2009 at 02:52 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Anhkhoa

Default Re: Change MEC tracers to yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
Scince MEC uses all German weapons wont it make sense to make the tracers yellow instead of green? (ps: im not sure that the Germans weapons still use yellow but i know they used it in WWII)
Germany under Hitler fought differently than Germany now.
Germany now uses the same color tracers as the rest of NATO..
Yellow is left for tank rounds and APC autocannons...

Though, I think the MEC would eventually run out of 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition because they are fighting NATO...which means they would have to produce indigenous ammunition and its possible those could be green

Spaz: I once had a dream where my psychology teacher was 10ft tall and ate me, then she gave birth to me.
Anhkhoa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhkhoa View Post
Yellow is left for tank rounds and APC autocannons...
I think Nato ones are actually red, just it is very hard to tell in videos. Someone can confirm what colour they are I am sure.

Edit, you can see here it starts of bright yellow, but turns to red in the end. Look closely.

YouTube Video

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
Razick

Red.....
Razick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle

I say red as well

[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Fluffywuffy

It turns in to red because the phosphorus ignites in halfway down range.

[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame
Fluffywuffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
StuTika

Yeah, I would say that they're red, but they're so hot just after leaving the barrel that they appear to glow yellow/white.

Stu.
StuTika is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
Fluffywuffy

I think they should stay the same. Since you can use green/red or anything in a g3 that fits the 7.62X51mm. NATO rounds use phosphorus or magnesium. Russian or Chinese tracers use barium salts. Sometimes tracers don't emit light rays at all they have infrared rays that can be detected using night vision equipment.

[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame
Last edited by Fluffywuffy; 07-06-2009 at 04:43 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
Ragni<RangersPL>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
Scince MEC uses all German weapons wont it make sense to make the tracers yellow instead of green?
I'm sorry but where's the connection? German weapons doesn't mean german ammunition There's no need to have the same tracers just because german weapons are used

Any country with mid advanced industry can manufacture small arms ammunition, it's not some kind of rare technology .... and it is produced by human civilization for more then one hundred years (cased bullet - cartridge)

BTW.
Those red tracers can glow with yellow light but we can see it as red because of the Doppler effect

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!

Do not post stupid suggestions just because you had a bad round in PR
Ragni<RangersPL> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #10
Farks

The origin of the weapons have nothing to do with tracer colors. It's decided by the ammunition you use.

**ON INDEFINITE LEAVE FROM 4 JANUARY 2013 AND ONWARDS**
The language and concepts contained in this post are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and pointed stick conducts his business.

Farks is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
change, mec, tracers, yellow