project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
Hellbrawler

Default Pilot Survival

Recently, I was a helicopter pilot and was shot down and lived. (Thank you .86 ) After I got out i was behind enemy lines and they were looking for me. I find it troubling that the Pilots don't get at least a knife.

Pilots in reality are equipped with basic survival knives, why not put it in PR?
Hellbrawler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
([=NOWHERE=])
Default Re: Pilot Survival

There are several threads about this. But when you are shot down behind enemy lines, your objective should be to AVOID the enemy as much as possible and try to get to a safe extraction point.
([=NOWHERE=]) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

How about making it so they have to "capture" the pilot... i really doubt they'd kill a pilot on sight =/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Supporting Member

Pilots would just suicide. It would be a lot easier than walking all the way to base. I do like the idea of a pilot requiring weapons to survive but they would rarely need it. There has to be consequences of a pilot's death and I say the best consequence for a pilot's death is a much longer spawn time.

If their aircraft goes down, it won't come up for another 5+ minutes, and they are just going to sit at their base and wait so why not just give them a 5 minute spawn time. Plus, this would prevent noob pilots from repeatedly getting helicopters and crashing them. Thus, a pilot with a longer spawning time would want to survive more and instead of suiciding, they might actually try to get back to base, the realistic way.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
Froggy

imo they should get a knife and their pistol back.

"I looked down this scope every single day for 18 months. I swear if I close my eyes and concentrate, I can see the shadow of the reticle when I open my eyes again." - A US Marine on the ACOG reticle.
Froggy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

wow...never seen this suggestion b4

and we all know what is the optimal solution

2 pilot kits

1 Chopper pilot with pistol/whatever and no parachute

1 Jet pilot with nothing and with a parachute

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
pilot, survival