project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #141
[R-DEV]Rabbit
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Better Weapon Selection and Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterceo View Post
Are silencers standard issue to troops? No?

Then dealwithit.

@Stealthgato: and it will be removed in the first patch because of serious server grieving, cause people just can't behave nice.
Actually our snipers use them on the XM2010, granted the XM2010 isn't in game, but it comes with the xm2010 package.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Everybody dies alone.
Ingame name [OD-S]Rabbit
Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #142
masterceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
Actually our snipers use them on the XM2010, granted the XM2010 isn't in game, but it comes with the xm2010 package.
oh, wasn't aware of that. however, as you mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
snipers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #143
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

actually suppressors are quite common for snipers overseas for those fielding .50 cal such as the barret or timberwolf. however the effects of the suppressor does not really make the weapon quiet so much as make it so it wont blow out your ear drums. they are still loud as hell.

@zomba: no they are not limited to SF (depending on nation of course) however their issue is nowhere near standard and are only available upon specific mission requirements for them. you are a front line soldier in PR, as such you have no choice in the matter, no suppressors for anyone means none for you.

they aren't specifically for special ops, but they are specifically for special situations

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #144
nicoX
Supporting Member

I will like the sight to be unmountable so you can use your rifle for close combat.
This way you can have the extra slot in the weapon selection for another rifle.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by nicoX; 05-25-2012 at 06:13 AM..
Old 05-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #145
Tarranauha200

IMO selecting beetween ironsights and scope is enough. How much soldiers really get to customize their weapon? They will just trow you rifle and thats it.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #146
FrostZeroOne

Customization always adds alot to the game in my opinion...but they wont do it, simply because its just too much work..

Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #147
Stealthgato

Aren't soldiers generally allowed to mount attachments to their rifles they bought with their money? Or sights at least.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #148
FrostZeroOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
Aren't soldiers generally allowed to mount attachments to their rifles they bought with their money? Or sights at least.
Yep, thats how it works..

i think it'll be cool to like earn some point in-game and then spent them on your weapon or something...but thats just a thought...it would never happen..

Last edited by FrostZeroOne; 05-28-2012 at 06:24 AM..
Old 05-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #149
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostZeroOne View Post
Yep, thats how it works..

i think it'll be cool to like earn some point in-game and then spent them on your weapon or something...but thats just a thought...it would never happen..
Thank god it won't ever happen. This all "point earning to get shit on your rifle" belongs to arcade games.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #150
M.Buster[3rdID]

To clarify,

As a PVT just getting to my unit i was handed a M249 SAW (i guess they liked me) so from there as far as attachments/sights went, it was whatever either they had or you bought yourself. My TL in Iraq rocked the M4 with a Leupold 4x scope, 20rnd magazine, crane style buttstock, and a bipod/vertgrip combo. So if you really want to customize your weapons out, you either buy your own or deal with what you got.

*EDIT* To agree with frost on the customization, NOT EVER on the "point" system.
*cough cough* too much CS *cough*

Matthew Buster
CPT, INF
Commanding
Bravo Company
3rd Infantry Division
Closed Thread

Tags
customization, selection, weapon