project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #21
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289

I would like to see a different avdangte for each viechle which gives it different advangtes such as HMMVW has best armour but is slowest, Vodnik is amphibous and normal armour and Nanjing is bat out of hell fast but really weak armour wise.
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #22
Cerberus

Vodnik looks like its armor would be pretty thick.

Should be amphibious, like said in the topic.

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #23
six7

Send a message via MSN to six7 Send a message via Skype™ to six7

HMMWV is not that well protected IRL, I don't know where you get your info from but its wrong. The vodnik is basicly a smaller APC meant to be more economic and faster than a standard BTR. It is usually armoed iwth a 14.5 mm cannon which makes it more similar to an LAV than a HMMWV. Floating vodniks FTW!

Quote:
Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain. -Niccolò Machiavelli
six7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #24
Wheelman56

I was thinking it'd be nice if the vehicles could go at their respective real life speeds aswell. Maybe impliment some sort of gear system in the game so that people aren't going full speed all the time. I know the reason that the cars don't have a realistic speed because you'd have to tap the go button to keep it going slow enough to handle it. But if there was some gear system you could just kick it down a gear to slow it down or something like that. Since not many people have a pedal for BF2 or use a joystick throttle for driving the cars. Just an idea.
Wheelman56 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:51 AM   #25
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by six7
HMMWV is not that well protected IRL, I don't know where you get your info from but its wrong. The vodnik is basicly a smaller APC meant to be more economic and faster than a standard BTR. It is usually armoed iwth a 14.5 mm cannon which makes it more similar to an LAV than a HMMWV. Floating vodniks FTW!
14.5mm KPV is approaching an automatic cannon both in caliber and firepower, but is still classified as a heavy machinegun. And it also is still a contender.

The up-armored HMMWVs (M1113, M1114, M1116) have okay small arms and airburst protection, but not so good mine and IED protection. Heavy machineguns will perforate them. And of course, direct fire from AT weapons renders them . . . really fucked up.

The Vodnik really is an interesting vehicle; it reminds me of a modular BRDM or Saxon. More the BRDM because of its ability to swim. I think the Vodnik may be propelled by its tires in the water, but not sure.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:58 AM   #26
BigEd88

The HMMWV is able to cross smal streams and what not, thats what the "tube" towards rear of the hood either on the passenger side and the extended muffler is for:
http://imageserver.gaming-networks.n...vee_render.jpg
BigEd88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:09 AM   #27
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Well if they make the Vodnick amphibious, this requiring a whole new model with a door at the rear.
You might as well go model an armoured humvee.
Top_Cat_AxJnAt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #28
youm0nt

Sorry for the bump, but what will the devs make the Vodink amphipious in future versions? In the 0.6 open beta, the Vodniks aren't amphibious and this thread was made a little over a year ago. Will the devs make the new model of the Vodnik just for this? Also about having the advantages/disadvantages of each faction's jeep.
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #29
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

It'll happen when they remodel the heavy jeeps.

Which wont happen for a very, very long time.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #30
DarkTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd88
The HMMWV is able to cross smal streams and what not, thats what the "tube" towards rear of the hood either on the passenger side and the extended muffler is for:
http://imageserver.gaming-networks.n...vee_render.jpg
thats called a snorkel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DarkTalon is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
amphibious, vodnik