project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
TheLean
Supporting Member
Default Re: Of Bad 3D perspective and smoke

I think the smoke grenades act that way for gameplay reasons, making smoke more useful, sometimes reality has to sit in the back seat while gameplay is driving. It is not for framerate reasons as suggested, the grenadiers smoke grenade gives away a large puff of smoke instantly that disperses rather quickly and it works fine.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #12
manligheten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
I think the smoke grenades act that way for gameplay reasons, making smoke more useful, sometimes reality has to sit in the back seat while gameplay is driving. It is not for framerate reasons as suggested, the grenadiers smoke grenade gives away a large puff of smoke instantly that disperses rather quickly and it works fine.
I'd say instant smoke would be more usefull.
manligheten is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #13
dominator200

Well i dnt no about the us but i am pritty sure that the uk dnt have smoke grenades, insted the tanks dumps diesel fuel in to the exsuast which i tern creates massive amounts of smoke and obviously is continuos untill the fuel cant be dumped due to travling distance, however this only applies to the challenger 2 tank apc do have smoke grenades
dominator200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
gclark03

I'm sure the British have smoke grenades. They can't depend on Challengers alone for smoke screens.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #15
SkaterCrush

I thought smoke takes a while to build up irl?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SkaterCrush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:38 AM   #16
Cheditor

Depends, some do but when i go airsoft smokes we use deply in about 5 seconds.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #17
CryOfTheWulfen

the brits do have smoke grenades, and although they build up faster than ive seen in PR the squad behind will already be organised and more focused than the average in PR

When you call no-one will save you!
CryOfTheWulfen is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, perspective, smoke