project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
TicTac
Post My Project Reality suggestions...

First, I'd like to give my thanks to the PR Dev community.
Great work! You made an obsolete game very unique and worthwhile.

Okay, here's my list. There may be more later on.

1. Make the effect of the Incendiary similar to the Molotov effect from insurgency mode?

2. How about a new limited kit (1 per team) including a Flame thrower with an effect similar to the Molotov as well?

3. Enable the ability to shoot/knife tires and effect the ability to drive trucks & cars etc.

4. Knifing is totally unrealistic in BF2.
Any way to cause a player who successfully knives another to be unable to move a for say, somewhere between half a second to one second? Also animation could be brought into play to have them stuck to the dead player's body (until the knife is withdrawn).
Also on this note, the knifing sound could be replaced by a screaming sound for sure!
Many times I've knifed 2 or 3 guys, one after another within 5 seconds, not looking and unaware. I think the first guy's scream should have alerted the others, but all you hear is "Pfft". lol?

5. Re-Add the ability to target enemies for other squads via Enemy Spotted button.
This could be limited by adding a short time limit which the enemy shows on the map as a Red dot. Maybe even an icon could be added (for squad leaders only) that would enable ALL SQUADS to see possible enemy locations and further aid one another.
The ability to point toward an enemy or give hand signals upon enemy sightings should be implemented. I've met a few fps gamers that are deaf that still play to the best of their abilities.

6. This one has surely been suggested by now. Give back the sidearms to the pilots in AAS mode or at least a basketball court somewhere near the heli pads!

7. The BF2 engine renders players visible thru mountains if they're on the tip tops of them. Out of bound zones at the tips would fix this. This wouldN'T restrict them entirely, but would give proper warnings where necessary. Most of the time I don't think people realize they ARE indeed visible.

8. Add sirens for firebases upon near destruction unless team damage is given...

9. Add the ability to obtain kits from Squad Leaders with the exception of them trying to get an officer's kit. Squad Leaders could deploy limited munition caches in the same way they do spawn points. (Maybe these should be random kits and not selectable by the players)

10. Audible trip wire alarming (A siren of sorts heard from a distance of say 1-300 meters). Say, one per team and commander assignable?

11. Depleting more than half of a kit's munitions give a little boost in stamina -OR- add the ability to recover faster while crouching or prone.

There's more, but I'll have to start writting them down as I'm playing!

Thanks and I'll see you on the battlefield!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
TicTac
Default Re: My Project Reality suggestions...

I need to explain a little more details for number 5.
When I stated knifing, I meant bayoneting!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Smegburt_funkledink

Hello and welcome to the forums.

My replies are in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
First, I'd like to give my thanks to the PR Dev community.
Great work! You made an obsolete game very unique and worthwhile.

Okay, here's my list. There may be more later on.

1. Make the effect of the Incendiary similar to the Molotov effect from insurgency mode?

YouTube - Thermite Grenade

2. How about a new limited kit (1 per team) including a Flame thrower with an effect similar to the Molotov as well?

What for? What factions? Why again?

3. Enable the ability to shoot/knife tires and effect the ability to drive trucks & cars etc.

As far as I know, this isn't possible with the BF2 engine. From what I've gathered it's only possbile to affect the drivability of vehicles as the tanks are in PR by either dramatically restricting the overall drivability of the vehicle or disable the turret. These damage effects, from what I've heard, are failry randomised as localised damage doesn't work on differing parts of the vehicle in the BF2 engine.

Any way to cause a player who successfully knives another to be unable to move a for say, somewhere between half a second to one second? Also animation could be brought into play to have them stuck to the dead player's body (until the knife is withdrawn).
Also on this note, the knifing sound could be replaced by a screaming sound for sure!
Many times I've knifed 2 or 3 guys, one after another within 5 seconds, not looking and unaware. I think the first guy's scream should have alerted the others, but all you hear is "Pfft". lol?

I don't think that'd be too realistic. I'm not trained in the military but i dont think I'd have to pause and stand still while retracting a blade from someone I'd just stabbed.

5. Re-Add the ability to target enemies for other squads via Enemy Spotted button.
This could be limited by adding a short time limit which the enemy shows on the map as a Red dot. Maybe even an icon could be added (for squad leaders only) that would enable ALL SQUADS to see possible enemy locations and further aid one another.
The ability to point toward an enemy or give hand signals upon enemy sightings should be implemented. I've met a few fps gamers that are deaf that still play to the best of their abilities.

As long as you're using a mic in PR, that's all you should need. You need to learn how to call targets out for your squad. You may not have played with a commander on your team much yet. When you do and he/ she's compitent, you should see contact report markers appearing all over the map.

6. This one has surely been suggested by now. Give back the sidearms to the pilots in AAS mode or at least a basketball court somewhere near the heli pads!

Agreed.

7. The BF2 engine renders players visible thru mountains if they're on the tip tops of them. Out of bound zones at the tips would fix this. This wouldN'T restrict them entirely, but would give proper warnings where necessary. Most of the time I don't think people realize they ARE indeed visible.

True but not sure about your suggestion here as a solution, it's a difficult one. Something we just have to live with.

8. Add sirens for firebases upon near destruction unless team damage is given...

Realistic?

9. Add the ability to obtain kits from Squad Leaders with the exception of them trying to get an officer's kit. Squad Leaders could deploy limited munition caches in the same way they do spawn points. (Maybe these should be random kits and not selectable by the players)

That come from where sorry? You need to be at a supply crate or APC, this is to simulate lines of supply. If you can't get supplies to the front line, it's not exactly realistinc to be able to get fresh ammo and kits from nowhere.

10. Audible trip wire alarming (A siren of sorts heard from a distance of say 1-300 meters). Say, one per team and commander assignable?

Realistic? Trip flares do that job fine.

11. Depleting more than half of a kit's munitions give a little boost in stamina -OR- add the ability to recover faster while crouching or prone.

I'm no coding expert but I don't think that's possible with the BF2 engine, I'd assume.

There's more, but I'll have to start writting them down as I'm playing!

Thanks and I'll see you on the battlefield!

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Last edited by Smegburt_funkledink; 05-06-2009 at 09:35 PM..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

I can tell by reading some of the passages that some of these suggestions are unrealistic unless you can prove the military uses them oversas.

Flamethrowers not use anymore as well. SOmething with Geneva Convention

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Zeppelin35

I think the PLA still uses the Type 74 flamethrower but I'm not sure about this. If I can find a source I'll post it up. If they still do I think one should be added for them to add a little variety to the PLA.
Last edited by Zeppelin35; 05-06-2009 at 10:09 PM..
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post

Smeg's video shows you how different a molotov cocktail and an incendiary are

Oh god no, what is the basis of the suggestion apart from 'I played COD5 the other day'

Not possible, the game doesn't understand what parts of a vehicle do, only %health. And driving the enemy cars is a resuggestion with a longwinded explanation, I'll let you search for tha tone.

Yeah, don't think its gonna get better

bf2 can't do hand signals, but the spotted system is too easy to exploit. I feel bad for deaf players, but they can still use contact reports when a commander is on

6. This one has surely been suggested by now. Give back the sidearms to the pilots in AAS mode
only if the pilot kits get differentiated in to helicopters and jets, and the helicopter pilots don't get parachutes

the DEVs are workign on that, but its an engine fault.

the huge crash is good enough
in the old days rallies gave ammo, it was spammy
you want an alarm on a flare tripwire? I think flare tripwires give off...flares
I don't see how that can be coded
Welcome to the forums, check the search and already suggested thread for resuggestions

Old 05-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #7
TicTac

As far as the knifing i meant adding a player_hurt sound or whatever for the other members to hear it when it takes two hits to kill the person. As far as the pause, that was meant toward bayoneting. If you stabbed someone with a bayonet, you wouldn't just hit and run. It would take slightly more time (realistically).

Now for the thermite Incendiary.. I didn't mean entirely mimic the Molotov i meant to use that effect toward showing flames. Your youtube video shows minimal flame, but if a thermite was set off on most anything but rock or concrete it's more than likely going to burn, is it not?

I'm not new to FPS or coordinating with other people. I think I do fairly well. I don't think we've had the pleasure of playing together. As well, I meant that deaf people would even benefit from the hand signals and it could be made silent so the radio call wouldn't give off sound.

Before trying to make me sound like a complete idiot, please do try and use your imagination enough to see my ideas instead of replying in a flaming fashion. I came here to contribute not tell you how big my balls are.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
TicTac

I've never played a day of any of the COD games.... the flame thrower was just a thought.
I don't appreciate the flaming guys. Can't we be mature here. I mean REALly!

It called lack of communication and understanding and this is exactly why i wish i had hand signals because i could throw up a couple at you guys about now!!

Forget it!
i won't post again.

Cya on the battlefield!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #9
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Locked for resuggestions.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Closed Thread

Tags
deaf, developer, implement, kits, project, reality, siren, suggestions