project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
UncleSmek

Default Slow the rope climbing speed and..

As the title says, when climbing up on grappling hooks as much as possible of the energy should be taken because I really dont think you can manage to climb with 30 kg equipment and then make a run for it. It really doesnt need any good explaination cause you can imagine carrying all that gear and climbing up a rope. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Did not find a thread on this in AAS

P2KK
=MeRk= UncleSmek
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Slow the rope climbing speed and..

I always find myself climbing faster than others on the rope But it isn't a big deal. People rarely use them anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
UncleSmek

Me when SLing I always direct a Specialst to throw it over walls and such to avoid going around and getting killed etc.

P2KK
=MeRk= UncleSmek
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Cheditor

Dont think of the grapple always as a grapple, think of it as a metaphor. It can be seen as many things like a breachable item into buildings that cannot be possibly rendered for you to enter, think of it as using another squaddie for a boost to get over them walls just a little bit too high.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #5
cocobutter333

Instead of making it slower could just be used by only 1 person at a time whilst the others cover the person on the rope cause ive had my whole sqaud climbing up 1 rope at once very realistic
cocobutter333 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
Gaven
Send a message via AIM to Gaven Send a message via MSN to Gaven Send a message via Skype™ to Gaven

Don't think these guys are wearing 30kgs of equipment either.
Gaven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Indeed, it could simply represent crawling through a smashed window/getting a foot up from someone else/etc.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
Adetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2KK View Post
As the title says, when climbing up on grappling hooks as much as possible of the energy should be taken because I really dont think you can manage to climb with 30 kg equipment and then make a run for it. It really doesnt need any good explaination cause you can imagine carrying all that gear and climbing up a rope. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Did not find a thread on this in AAS
On Vanilla BF2,the grappling hook is only on Special Forces.
If ur not going to do some special like climb over a wall and infiltrate,its ok.
But as i said,Special Forces.
Adetter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #9
cplgangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaven View Post
Don't think these guys are wearing 30kgs of equipment either.
neither do i, fair enough if they had the bergans on the model but even in combat the bergan is not worn, they are either put on to vehicles or they have a cache to dump them in if they know they are going into battle. I would say the max amount of weight they have is about 15kg. This is going by the british wieght of rifle. Even so that is a fair bit.

As said however the grapple is a metaphor, for being able to get to places that you would most likely be able to get too if the building were enterable. The speed i would say is fair enough though its not overly fast but its just fast enough i think.

FuzzySquirrel =US=:And the point is me sneekin up on a U.S tank IF i had c4 or a mine they would have been dead
[R-DEV]AfterDune: And we all agree, that is pretty.. pretty bad-ass!
Darth.Skylinei remember this one time i was running to the living room, so i decided to jump to get me there faster (yeah vBF2 style haha) - but then i hit my head on the top part of the door
cplgangster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
climbing, rope, slow, speed