project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #21
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default Re: ins sl place caches

Fail the idea is Fail.

There nothing stopping the ins using a civi to put the cache on a roof there's nothing stopping the ins putting a cache in a spot that's to easy to defend.

I mean come on all you would see is 32 people watching a door way waiting with 64 trip grenades and 64 ieds waiting no ty.

The way it is fine it stop INS from knowing where every cache is going to be they need to wait for the coalition to kill one before they even know where the 4th one will be placed.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
Harrod200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic View Post
I prefer it the way it is, the fact of the matter is that it would just be like firebases. There are only a few good spots you can put them and than a variety of average spots. People who are good at the game and know the map always put them in the good spots and anybody who plays long enough usually automaticly knows where the firebases will be. As nobody ever changes the spots.

The problem with that is that when people know the map so well and know the obvious choices of where somebody would put a placed cache that they would be considered a good choice and they would just go straight for it.

We all know how sucky it is for firebases when the enemy just goes straight for that spot because they know that its a popular place that people put it.

I imagine it would be no difference for this idea. Atleast with the current setup things are 100% random and never in the same spot. Leaving the enemy always guessing and always having to rely on intel.

It's not a bad idea, It's just not going to work.

You have a point. There would be a few great spots, some 'good' ones and not many more.

Probably best to leave as is.

Travis, that was a purely crap post, and to me came across very rude and twattish.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #23
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrod200 View Post
You have a point. There would be a few great spots, some 'good' ones and not many more.

Probably best to leave as is.

Travis, that was a purely crap post, and to me came across very rude and twattish.
You have the right to your opinion sadly...

The points i posted are just as valid the Idea won't work and would only be abused.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J.Travis View Post
Fail the idea is Fail.

There nothing stopping the ins using a civi to put the cache on a roof there's nothing stopping the ins putting a cache in a spot that's to easy to defend.

I mean come on all you would see is 32 people watching a door way waiting with 64 trip grenades and 64 ieds waiting no ty.

The way it is fine it stop INS from knowing where every cache is going to be they need to wait for the coalition to kill one before they even know where the 4th one will be placed.

that is also kinda the point, i mean sure in rl, there are more assets, but still, the ins can put there chaches where they need/want to, right? usually somewhere you can defend easily.

ahh idk, i kinda just think it would be better becuase we can defend them easer of the insurgent team, and if we are americans or brits, we will need to secure the area before moving in first.... idk...

the only reason i thought this was becuase of all the hard to reach places you can put a cach, places that needa hook to get to.

there are good points agianst it i see, many in which are unsolvible....o well, another one bits the dust.. dun dun dun, another bites the dust, anotherone gone another one gone, anotherone bites the just.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
caches, ins, place