project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
0blivi0us

Default Squadleader Waypoint System

The idea of a waypoint system popped up in my mind last night, when i was leading a squad trying to get them to flank an enemy flag. Explaining how i wanted to walk was a challenge. Not everybodies english is perfect and mine isnt either. I found myself constantly moving the move marker every 100 meters so nobody would turn into an ally or take a detour, ofcourse this meant i had to stop and take out my map. By then some already toke the chance to lay down and fire a few round to the enemy. Giving away our position and blowing away our stealth(-ish) approach.

Having the ability to map out a route can be become extremly usefull for more then just infantry. Aircraft can take advantage of this. A gunning squadleader in an Attack Helicopter can map out a short route along the mountain ridge to flank the unexpecting AA. Not having to focus on guiding the driver along the route he can spot enemy movement.

Ofcourse it'll bring up the question if this is truly reality? For vehicles, yes. Infantry maybe not, but when in Real Life infantry goes in they might have a routed plotted as well, something they are trained for. In PR this training could be replaced bij a Waypoint system availible to the squad leader.

I don't know if a waypoint system is even possible inside Battlefield. As the Move marker never dissapears when we move over it. But i think more squadleaders would appreciate some more guidance on the map. After all most of the times we play with strangers making squadleading a big challenge.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter and if this can even be accomplished within the restraints of the Battlefield Engine.

gr,
[4Hd] 0blivi0us
0blivi0us is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
arjan

Default Re: Squadleader Waypoint System

Suggested before, please use the search function

Ingame name: [TP]A.Behr
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
CyrusPI

Default Re: Squadleader Waypoint System

It'd be a nice help for those leaders who want to give precise orders without walking the squad through every waypoint. Commanders can place Landing Zone markers, so why not Squad Leader's setting permanent waypoint markers, designated with small green numbers.

Every addition to the mod requires a little bit of work, some take a ton of effort, but I think this suggestion is possible with the engine, judging by the fact that permanent markers can be placed, and removed, at the very least for Commanders. Hopefully, SLs can remove old waypoint markers as well by placing a new one over it.

Arjan, you calling me a lier? *points at his sig*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

By trying too hard, we put ourselves at a greater risk. Don’t you think so?
L
working on a little something something
CyrusPI is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coordination, squadleader, system, teamwork, waypoint