project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
02 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
Hangnail-[GS]

Post PR Jet Ejection seat

I looked for this but didn't find anything, im sorry if somone already suggested, anyway, i think it would be cool that once your wheels are off the ground (in a jet) once you press E instead of u falling out, that it shoots your guy atleasst 10 meters up. that will be realistic and if your jet is about to explode it will get you away faster, i think it would add to the intensity of the gameplay and be really cool, can you guys do that? is it possible? or no?
PLEASE EVERYONE REPLY AND TELL ME WHAT YA THINK

Thank You: Hangnail-[GS]
Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot
Default Re: PR Jet Ejection seat

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ggestions.html

Quote:
Vehicles - Ejectors on planes.
This has already been suggested and is hardcoded

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Mile5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangnail-[GS] View Post
PLEASE EVERYONE REPLY AND TELL ME WHAT YA THINK

Thank You: Hangnail-[GS]
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...-sequence.html

I think you didn't actually use the search button.

Edit; Scot stole my awesome second poast.

Expert Lurker
Last edited by Mile5; 04-21-2009 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: scot was befur me
Old 04-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Redamare
Supporting Member

I Think this has been suggested but its such a ( NEEDED Improvement ) When you jump out of the jets you just get hit by it as it flies past you ..... An idea is ... fix the Spawn In and out portion .

When you enter the jet u enter from the side like always

when you exit the jet on the Ground It should work like a spawn point you stand on top of the neerest object on an imagionary horizon. AKA Ground

When Exiting in Midflight Since the Ground is not within 10 meters you Spawn ontop of the jet like on the MEC Bomber (gunner position) 5-10 meters above the jet and add a little exlosion animation under neith your bum. Simulating Ejection

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
Hangnail-[GS]

I think you didn't actually use the search button.

Actually yes i did, AS I SAID, i didnt see anything and srry if there was somethin bout it.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Squeezee

I remember I suggested this and got the holy facepalm for it .

It's not possible, although I do agree that it would be cool and make the game more realistic.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SP-DEV]Scot View Post
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ggestions.html

This has already been suggested and is hardcoded
really, im tired of people saying that. CAS would spin in his grave if he heard...

oh wait CAS aint dead yet :P

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Okay, it probably is possible, but really, for a) the amount of code, and b) the actual use of it? I mean it's not really worth it IMO, I know PR is getting more 4x4 maps(i hope) but still, the amount of jet usage will be minimal. It would be cool, but very low priority IMO.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykogundam View Post
really, im tired of people saying that. CAS would spin in his grave if he heard...

oh wait CAS aint dead yet :P
there probably is some kinda workaround one way or anouther like have players exit way above the plane but then you would need to find some way of making sure it only happened when the plane was flying and not when it was on the ground, but there isn't any way to physically have the player fly out upwards out of the cockpit up into the sky.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
nick20404

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SP-DEV]Scot View Post
Okay, it probably is possible, but really, for a) the amount of code, and b) the actual use of it? I mean it's not really worth it IMO, I know PR is getting more 4x4 maps(i hope) but still, the amount of jet usage will be minimal. It would be cool, but very low priority IMO.
I agree, what would an ejector seat actually bring to the game? 99% of the time when you get shot down in a jet you instantly blow up so there is no time to eject.
Closed Thread

Tags
ejection, jet, seat