project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
M4sherman

Default mine flags.

I saw somthing called mine warnings in the "ASS" but I don't believe it is the same thing.

In FH2 they have little flags you can place to indicate their is a mine-field near by (or not) that you place separately than your mines in order to turn you ambush weapon into a "denial" weapon.

Is their a way to implement this into PR? But you would also have to bury the mines....

M4sherman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
gclark03

Default Re: mine flags.

Real armies never toss mines like Frisbees the way it's done in PR.

If the DEVs really want to keep mines the way they are, I really like this suggestion, though it's never done that way IRL.

Burying them would also be good, but it still never happens IRL.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
McBumLuv

I have and will continue to support making mines a commander asset, placed by a combat engineer under a commander build order (not linked to FOBs, BTW), as that would be the most realistic way of area denial, with dumb and live mines. In any case, I'd have flags showing it's whereabouts as well.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Ace42
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace42

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
I have and will continue to support making mines a commander asset, placed by a combat engineer under a commander build order (not linked to FOBs, BTW), as that would be the most realistic way of area denial, with dumb and live mines. In any case, I'd have flags showing it's whereabouts as well.
I think it would be cool if they worked like that, but could only be "built up" by combat engineers (IE 'overseeing' the deployment). Undeployed they sit on the surface, making them obvious, deployed they recess into the ground slightly to become less obvious.
Ace42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 AM   #5
cyberzomby

Thats an idea Mcluv! And you deploy a whole minefield right?

I like the idea of a flag as well. But please also make it so you can still put down the marker on the map if you like. So you can decide, area denial or tank killer.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Mcluvz0r has a good point.
Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
Squeezee

I like the idea a lot, mine one road and put the flags on the other . But I think it would be a good idea to have the mines marked in some form, so that returning (friendly) vehicles know that they're there, and can bypass the mines.

I also think it would be cool if an enemy engineer could go to the mines, and either disarm them, or use white tape to make a safe path through.
Squeezee is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, mine