project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
ThisIsntMyName
Default Vehicle Keys

Countless numbers of times I have been shovelling a firebase in some remote area of the map when some dude spawns at it, looks at me shovelling, then runs to my truck and drives off in it (often rolling/getting it shot up/giving away the firebase position or just uselessly parking it in enemy territory) I can't type to the guy to stop cuz the firebase either explodes a little and injures me and/or it takes a few dozen more scoops to get it finished than it should. Even then its often in vain as most of the guys that do this are either aloof, illiterate or don't care.

I haven't fully thought this through but I have the idea that a 'keys' system to lock a vehicle to a player or squad could be beneficial in this situation and possibly prevent arguments / vigilante justice.

My rough idea is this; when you exit a vehicle it prompts you saying something to the like of 'do you wish to keep the keys,' you press page up or page down. Every 30 seconds it continues to prompt you asking if you want to keep the keys for up to a set time, say 2-4 minutes. (In my case, however long it takes to do around 50 shovel scoops on a firebase) At 2-4 minutes you are told you have 30 seconds to return to the vehicle or lose the keys to it. If you return you can restart the timer.

This would force the non-knowing noobs to look confused and walk away leaving it there. It would also force would be intentional thieves to ask for permission to use it, which is good manners and teamwork and probably better overall for server harmony.

I can see this being useful for supply and transport trucks especially. Also for helicopters on the rare occasion the pilot is injured in flight and has to hop out for first aid (too many guys will steal it from you on less civilized servers)

some keywords: car keys vehicle key lock locked to steal stolen stop prevent
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
nick20404

Default Re: Vehicle Keys

Vehicle locking has been suggested many times before. Although this exact method might be original or might not the basic idea has been brought up alot.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
SkaterCrush

If your in a heli squad and some noob steals you chopper, just request a kit and TK him
Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #4
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Sorry, but yes, this has been suggested before, and as far as I know this is hard-coded. Please try the search function and the ASS thread before posting your own. SkaterCrush, borderline infraction there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Tags
keys, lock, vehicle