project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
TheFaceCC
Default epi-pen/epinephrin

ok so i was in my bio class today and we started to talk about epi-pens/epinephrine to jump people out of an allergic reaction, i actually knew before class that epinephrin was artificial adrenaline, but i didnt know thats what epi-pen was short for. Well this led me to something else if you get a shot of adrenaline, even if your bleeding out your going to feel invincible (this isnt the point), my point is simple taking an epinephrine shot will really make you "feel" (decently) normal (other than the fact that you are all geeked out on adrenaline). Anyway is there a reason why you dont stay alive for more than 30 seconds after your adrenal shot because ive talked to people who have been loosing a miraculous amount of blood and took a epi shot and they have stayed alive for around 20 minutes (im not suggesting this), im simply suggesting can you up the time on the bleed out time after you get a epinephrin shot to like 3-5 minutes so you can actually take care of things, i feel like this would be a little bit more realistic than 30 seconds and your wounded again, and would give the medics time to actually do their job.

Any input on this guys?
Last edited by TheFaceCC; 04-15-2009 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: spelled epinephrine wrong
Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
SkaterCrush

Default Re: epi-pen/epinephrin

I actually never noticed the epi pen only healed you for 30 seconds O.O

Anyways...more realism
SkaterCrush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
TheFaceCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
I actually never noticed the epi pen only healed you for 30 seconds O.O

Anyways...more realism
well you still bleed so ur not really healed but yea it lets you bleed for 30 seconds without being healed with a med-pak, then you go wounded again, i think it takes around 30 seconds to bleed out normally so im guessing it just like resets your bleed cycle
TheFaceCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Adrenaline is used to combat hypovolemic shock via an IV irl, its not like "Oh, A burst of life has entered me"

i.e. you stay alive a little longer than you would have as it gets the blood pressure up again.

epipens are indeed used for allergic reactions, not for battlefield wounds like ingame (its a parody)

Get the medic to patch you up or you'll just bleed out, the healing system is what is flawed, not the reviving imo since its just a parody of dragging a comrade to safety.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
TheFaceCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Adrenaline is used to combat hypovolemic shock via an IV irl, its not like "Oh, A burst of life has entered me"

i.e. you stay alive a little longer than you would have as it gets the blood pressure up again.

epipens are indeed used for allergic reactions, not for battlefield wounds like ingame (its a parody)

Get the medic to patch you up or you'll just bleed out, the healing system is what is flawed, not the reviving imo since its just a parody of dragging a comrade to safety.
i do understand that the healing system is flawed, but i think this would get rid of that flaw and its realistic, yes it will get you out of shock, from what i know it pretty much brings your mind back to reality, but for longer than 30 seconds....it the time was added to say 3-5 minutes from the adrenal shot i think the medic issue would be solved because you could worry about healing later and killing first, only thing that isnt realistic about this is if its a critical shot to the head, neck, back, chest it would still act the same as i mentioned above because i dont think you can section out hit boxes to make the epi-pen not get that back per-say

sorry i actually missed that its a parody part...haha, i thought they actually could of been used in the field i actually didnt second guess it, well i think it would still solve the problems
Old 04-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Oh! I get it, sorry mate, I misread (please could you seperate your paragraph a bit? makes it easier to pick out points)

Yeah I would be happy with longer time spent in the bleed outstage. But I'm not sure how it would be done

can the bleed rate be changed depending on % health?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
TheFaceCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Oh! I get it, sorry mate, I misread (please could you seperate your paragraph a bit? makes it easier to pick out points)

Yeah I would be happy with longer time spent in the bleed outstage. But I'm not sure how it would be done

can the bleed rate be changed depending on % health?
thats actually not really what im suggesting, im i can deal with like a 1 bleed time, i think thats what it is at, but when you get revived from a epi-pen it feels like its 30 seconds and your back down

this is why i want the adrenal/epi-pen/epinephrine shot to have a life on you of 3-5 minutes because i think it would be more realistic anyway...

i mean you are getting an epinephrine shot after all

i think this would be simple and really effective to the whole problem right now of healing, from experience if

i just had more time on people i could worry about killing enemies first, or second, and not fourth...hope you can understand that
Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
TheLean
Supporting Member

Does anybody actually like the revive function anyway? It detracts from realism, its annying to shoot three guys and then get killed and realize the entire enemy squad is being revived and back on their feet a minute later. IRL three wounded guys would be more of a tactical liability than three dead guys actually since they require atleast twice the amound of soldiers to perform medevac. I say remove the revive function altogheter, just face it, when someone is down and coughing blood and unable to move he is not going to run around and shoot enemies anymore in months, if ever, and certainly not minutes later.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
TheFaceCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
Does anybody actually like the revive function anyway? It detracts from realism, its annying to shoot three guys and then get killed and realize the entire enemy squad is being revived and back on their feet a minute later. IRL three wounded guys would be more of a tactical liability than three dead guys actually since they require atleast twice the amound of soldiers to perform medevac. I say remove the revive function altogheter, just face it, when someone is down and coughing blood and unable to move he is not going to run around and shoot enemies anymore in months, if ever, and certainly not minutes later.
u never know, with enough adrenaline anything is possible, go read some miracle stories online of like, for example the mother who like picked up a car off her child....all that strength came from the adrenal glands in her system, i do know what your talking about though as far as the system goes, but since theres only so many things possible i think this is good solution.

even if you guys are not planning on completely revamping the system for .9 i still think this would be a great solution for now
Old 04-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
TheFaceCC

any dev take a look at this yet i really think this is a amazing idea...ask me to explain better if you do not understand

Tags
epipen or epinephrin