project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Should the kill counter be removed?
Yes 248 14.57%
No 517 30.38%
Only show scores at round end 616 36.19%
Show it, but focus it on squad/team effort 298 17.51%
other (explain) 23 1.35%
Voters: 1702. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #391
Murphy

Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

But you can be pretty damn sure the guy who just got shot won't be much of a problem anymore either way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #392
SShadowFox

Much snipers and soldiers count their kills but sometimes officially they have much less kills than they count.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #393
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
It's better to, sometimes the kill count, sometimes no, because IRL you won't know if you killed the target every time you hit someone.
Oh I didn't realize that IRL when I shoot some one square in the face with an m14 that a medic will be able to patch him up so he can return fire back at me after I "thought" I killed him 5 mins ago.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #394
Garmax

The only reason I use the kill counter is to confirm kills, I don't think it should be fully removed but somehow adjusted so people don't just play for kills I'm also guilty of that during a couple rounds

Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #395
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

It's more realistic but PR wants the perfect balance between gameplay and realism and this is definatively a great gameplay mechanic that in my opinion should be kept.

Use mumble nubs.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #396
crokojot

Remove counting kills and remove possibillity to heal people that are killed in head ... if 1 man find him self totally alone and he kills 2 enemy squads,starting to fight with third squad he will die but at least 6 dead victims will revive...I m for medics and reviving if there is possibility but dying from lat in head ,grenade near your body,shoot in head or 10 bullets in chest.....Once it was funny...i was alive after finding myself in middle of JDAM attack....End it was luck ...hiding myself near some wall....i didnt died but i was pretty bad wounded...this things can happen....but lat in head.....only Dr. Frankenstein could put up all pieces....
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #397
PFunk

Kill counters serve a purpose. Its not arma, its not realism to any credible degree in this game. Its a conceit that plays into the existing balance. You're not going to magically change the community by getting rid of their kill counters.

For a CO or just an SL they can more readily guess at the enemy situation on tickets or see which squads are flounderings or which are kicking ass. If a CO sees the Cobra isn't getting any kills on 3 deaths then the ticket battle is considered.

Frankly given the conceit of the whole ticket game itself being so utterly unrealistic we can't take the score board out since its directly driven by it. KDRs are key to understanding the flow in a game where you're not going to get an estimated and confirmed kill count from pub squads, even if you can get them to talk back at you.

Arma is better for this cause its slower, more methodical, so gathering kill counts is more deliberate. Pace in PR really favors looking at the metagame at a glance.

Frankly I think the metagame as it is works fine. Its not a part of why PR has been less fun lately, and in fact these arbitrary alterations are the kinds of things taht slowly push us into a blind half-realized arma-esque game that we dont want cause we could just go play arma instead.

In a game that revolves around depleting tickets as the core win condition the meta game is essential and handicapping the intel on it doesn't improve the game, it just makes it more likley that you'll waste tickets on a play that you would otherwise know is not worth it in the greater scheme.

No kill count means you basically are visually divorced from the ticket battle, only able to see your reserve pool which is meaningless without knowing roughly what the enemy's is at.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

Old 07-28-2012, 03:28 AM   #398
crokojot

"Its not a part of why PR has been less fun lately"

After 6 years i didnt saw better game this type. We can try some other game type or game but we always return to PR.
Newbies still coming and find this game very atractive,but they dont read too much about it so rest off people doesnt have nervs or time to learn them something....Problem is that most people still dont use mumble,you can be wounded and ask medics for help but they just passed near by and dont use that medic kits like they should....
Just give us few new desert,city and wood maps....so we can play another 6 years...
Old 07-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #399
USMC scout sniper

I honestly think seeing your kills kinda make the game more fun and creative. Like a competition. Everyone wants to get more kills than the other guy so they're even more determined to win and in the process get a lot of kills and feel proud of yourself.

HELL HAVE NO FURY LIKE ME WITH A M249 SAW PIP!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #400
SShadowFox

Yes, I voted no, but Scout Sniper is right, but make that the medic can't revive when you got shot in the head, is fucking annoying and frustrating when you shot someone in the head then the medic throw fucking smoke and revive, when they try to do so without smoke I have pretty fun because I wait until he uses the epipen then I shot both with one bullet.
Closed Thread

Tags
counter, kill, remove