project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Should the kill counter be removed?
Yes 248 14.57%
No 517 30.38%
Only show scores at round end 616 36.19%
Show it, but focus it on squad/team effort 298 17.51%
other (explain) 23 1.35%
Voters: 1702. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #371
SShadowFox

Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

So, you guys think if you have a nice K/D you're doing a nice work, you can simple stay in a hill with a sniper kit and kill everybody you see, you will have a nice K/D ratio, but you didn't help your team just by killing the enemy infantry.

Remove it.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #372
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
I disagree that is settled.
By far the most ticket loss is by flags changing hands and or fantastic waste of team assets.
How do you get rid of assets you kill them.

Okay DDS now lets see if we can do math. 200 kills isn't an extraordinary amount for a whole team to get in a match of pr. Now if each kill is 2 tickets that's 400 tickets that's not including assets they were using because that's still killing. Now the most tickets on a pr map is........ 650 i believe for Kashan now 650-400 is 250 now 400 is > 250 right so.................... Kills are the more important than capping flags. One person can easily get 15 kills no problem that's the same amount of tickets you loose for loosing a flag.

SShadowFox Yes you do ever kill you make is another 2 tickets gone from the enemy if you sit on a hill all round and kill 20 guys that 40 tickets gone. Of course you shouldn't just be killing things when you are a sniper you should be lazing and calling in targets to the inf but since we are basing it on k/d alone, then yes having a good k/d helps your team.

If every one has more than a 1:1 k/d then there is a very good chance you are winning that round.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by maniac1031; 06-12-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #373
DDS
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1031 View Post
Kills are the more important than capping flags. One person can easily get 15 kills no problem that's the same amount of tickets you loose for loosing a flag.
DEV's should consider this then (if you are correct). Just remove the flags and we'll just kill things n' shit. In the meantime I will avoid being anywhere near you ingame like the plague.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #374
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
DEV's should consider this then (if you are correct). Just remove the flags and we'll just kill things n' shit. In the meantime I will avoid being anywhere near you ingame like the plague.
What are you talking about if I'm correct do you find it hard to get 15 kills in a round because that sounds more like a you problem. I'm not saying the flags shouldn't be there. They focus the fight around them causing the teams to attack or defend but the ticket loss from the flags itself is much less than the killing it takes to cap the flag.

Last edited by maniac1031; 06-19-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #375
*NwA*Orford

Shoot a chopper down, get 7 kills, 1 pilot and a squad. SHoot a chopper down get +1 kill you know the chopper has already dropped and to go check or cover the area he came from.
See a squad coming to a cache or flag, attack them, your squad kills 3, armour rolls up, you take cover, you dont get the kills on the score board so they must of got revived, now you know to worry about the armour and the back to full strength squad.

The kill counter is a tactical aide, not a COD kids wet dream.

Sorry not read the rest of the thread.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #376
ExeTick
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Kill counter is just a "fun" thing to have.

I think its fun to be able to see how many you killed.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #377
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
The kill counter is a tactical aide, not a COD kids wet dream.
That's the main point behind limiting it.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #378
*NwA*Orford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
That's the main point behind limiting it.
Its more useful as a tactical aide, then getting the derp derps at the end of the round saying "look how many kills i got". Every one who playes PR for the game play and not the kills should just ignor them.

The kids who care about kills who have the kill count taken away will stop playing as they have no reward at the end of a round. Its better to have them playing and mothing off at then end of the round, Then be playing PR on your own.

Stop being so self distructive, trying to fix what isnt broken, its like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Removing the kill count will not add PR population it will reduce it.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #379
Dude_Nukem

I agree with Orford.

EDIT: Beneath is already mentioned by Moonlight post #360
Kill counter should stay, imo.
-But I don't like the point that you can see on the scorelist if they are revived or not, kind of cheating. The *cough* of the revive says enough already. So, how about increasing the delay time for the kill counter and only show the players in grey on the opposite team. So don't show if they are alive or dead (if that's duable for DEV's ofc). Disadvantage is that some servers control the rule that heavy assets are allowed from up to ... vs ... ACTIVE players, that will be hard to check.

Good idea? Could be already mentioned.
Last edited by Dude_Nukem; 06-20-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #380
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
Its more useful as a tactical aide, then getting the derp derps at the end of the round saying "look how many kills i got". Every one who playes PR for the game play and not the kills should just ignor them.

The kids who care about kills who have the kill count taken away will stop playing as they have no reward at the end of a round. Its better to have them playing and mothing off at then end of the round, Then be playing PR on your own.

Stop being so self distructive, trying to fix what isnt broken, its like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Removing the kill count will not add PR population it will reduce it.
Being able to magically check status of guys you just hit is not tactical at all. It's just cheap, gimmicky way to check who are you fighting with, who is remaining, are they reviving, etc.
I don't agree with you on the second point either - I don't see anything wrong playing for kills. Of course there has to be priority, but scoring kills may not only be enjoying, it's most of times helpful for team and it's a way to achieve victory.

And thanks for tip about stopping to be so self destructive. xD Will again state the obvious - kill counter DOESN'T have to be removed. It should be tweaked, there are many way and compromises you can do that/ Many not hrmful for people who care about seeing their kills.

Check this post:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ml#post1780472

Closed Thread

Tags
counter, kill, remove