project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Should the kill counter be removed?
Yes 248 14.57%
No 517 30.38%
Only show scores at round end 616 36.19%
Show it, but focus it on squad/team effort 298 17.51%
other (explain) 23 1.35%
Voters: 1702. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #361
Stealthgato

Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I feel I need to stress it once more at least.
It's the intel that points, kills and greyed-out foes give you I oppose. I honestly see nothing wrong with showing players awards of their actions. It's just and only the way it is being presented what is wrong. I don't want to know whether enemy squad has already given up just by looking at scoreboard. Neither do I want to know if mortar shells I fired hit a FoB. etc - see my previous posts.

Simple solution: ADD A DELAY FOR POINTS AND KILLS: 5-10 MIN
also: enemy team's scorechart should be invisible or at least there should be no difference between a living and a wounded player visible. (currently wounded/not spawned/dead-dead nicknames are gray)
^This. Removing kill counter is not the way to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #362
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
^This. Removing kill counter is not the way to go.
+1 don't remove kill counter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #363
A. Reaper

I believe you only need to see your stats at the end of the round, to see what you did and also a time to review what you did while loading the next map.

However, no need to see your stats till then, as long as you're doing well and playing a role in your team's "struggle" for victory. Then at end of round you can review your tactics and your stats along with it.

Also, if you see your stats early, you learn you got a kill eventually, which ruins the realism aspect of the game. You might as well add the old BF2 style kill counter, where it showed what weapon was used and who used it on who, if you learn of your kill early, because then enemies lose any sort of stealth they may have, just as you might.

A pilot, a parachutist, and a tanker. And maybe a bit of a human shield.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #364
DDS
Supporting Member

I keep seeing people refering to "stats" and "ratio" and "how your doing".

Do you mean how the flags are doing? How well you are defending a position?
Supporting a nearby squad..team? Advancing on a capable flag?

The score screen offers nothing but instant juvenile gratification. There has always been nilla fixation in this game on kills n thrills that detracts from the intent imo. How about moving more towards the advance of gameplay???
Way too much self indulgence and distraction. K/D ratio (penis size)

It would be a profound advance of the game if the the score, k/d and greyed out was removed until the end of the round. When the radar was removed. People howled (myself included) but it was a huge plus.
Although it is quite possible that the game mechanics wont even allow it. I wouldn't be suprised.

Maybe instead of constantly flipping down your score screen maybe you ought to get your head in the game. I'm just saying.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #365
Rapid12

I couldn't care less if stats were not available during the round, but I'd like to see stats at the game end, and leaderboards for that matter. I strongly believe that a recorded database of all stats and a subsequent leaderboard would encourage more players and less apathy toward ones' characters' fate. I.E, you'll try not to die so much.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #366
maniac1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
I keep seeing people refering to "stats" and "ratio" and "how your doing".

Do you mean how the flags are doing? How well you are defending a position?
Supporting a nearby squad..team? Advancing on a capable flag?

We all know pr basically won by kills and kills alone. It doesn't matter how much you disagree but the number of times that you win by cap out is significantly less than the number of times you win by completely wiping out the opposing forces tickets. The main purpose of the flags is to provide a focus for the fighting.

But what about the 30 tickets lost when you loose a flag? A very small amount when you consider all you need to do is get 15 measly kills in order to remove that advantage.

So now that its settled that pr is in fact about "the Kills" why would you remove that stat showing how many you have when that is clearly the deciding factor in winning the game?

Although I would honestly rather have how many enemy tickets you have taken rather than kills so like get 5 kills 2 downs and an apc kill and you have 17 tickets taken. 10 for the 5 kills 2 for the 2 downs and then 5 for the apc kill

Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #367
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Lots of thumbs up for the idea of a 5-10 min delay for kill update. Actually the time of delay could be the same as the time when one (who's shot and lying on ground) becomes dead-dead (was it 5 mins?).

Yeah, kill counter shouldn't be removed. The delay is a perfect idea. Hope DEV's will think about it. Seems like an easy idea to implement. And it would do much good for the gameplay. For example, the squad would not get intel about the enemies being dead-dead (as it's now - by pressing tab) and so they'd have to search the surrounding area for any possible enemies that could revive their guys who just got shot by the squad.

A new idea. While I was writing the upper paragraphs, I had an idea that would be really great, but probably really hard to implement. It's the ability for soldier to walk up to another dead soldier (be it friendly or enemy) and tell if he's dead-dead or just dead. Because people obviously can tell when someone is shredded by bullets and therefore dead (dead-dead, as in PR). It would make the unrealistic part of waiting for enemy medic (that maybe never comes, as you can't know if you really killed them) to come revive his teammates that just got shot in CQC by you.

"Against a regiment I oppose a brain / And a dark horse against an armoured train."
Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #368
Ambush

I say remove it. Remove the whole vanilla looking screen when you hold TAB. It truley doesn't serve any purpose when you consider the point of PR. And it would add another really cool aspect of indeed looking for a body to confirm a kill.

-"Is he down?- Someone has got to go in there!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #369
DDS
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid12 View Post
I couldn't care less if stats were not available during the round, but I'd like to see stats at the game end, and leaderboards for that matter. I strongly believe that a recorded database of all stats and a subsequent leaderboard would encourage more players and less apathy toward ones' characters' fate. I.E, you'll try not to die so much.
I like the idea of the stats leaderboards. Then the ones that get off on seeing their bodacious killz can go there and have a press conference.

I do like the idea of a delay. irl situation you might have to wait on conformation of enemy killed while there is still a "hostile" environment in the area. Interesting indeed.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Last edited by DDS; 06-12-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 06-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #370
DDS
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1031 View Post

So now that its settled that pr is in fact about "the Kills" why would you remove that stat showing how many you have when that is clearly the deciding factor in winning the game?l
I disagree that is settled.
By far the most ticket loss is by flags changing hands and or fantastic waste of team assets.

Last edited by DDS; 06-12-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
counter, kill, remove