project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #61
SleepyHe4d
Default Re: Get rid of kill counter

(Here to show support for this change)

Rant:

I wish something like this would happen, but this and stuff like this* has been suggested plenty of times before by people who know what they are talking about and it's just been shot down by the devs/community.

This thread actually made me come out of my weekly lurking ever since I quit the mod when it started going downhill. A change like this could be the start of saving the mod I love, so I'm definitely posting here to show my support.

I honestly don't get why there are so many people here that are against and working against the idea of a what mod like this is supposed to be. There's plenty of other games to suit your needs like CoD4, ect. Why are you here ruining one of the rare things that's meant for a niche market instead of just playing the plenty of other options that are already made for the other markets?

Argument for why this can only be good for gameplay:

Simple. This mod is meant for teamplay and realism and that's where you're supposed to get your satisfaction. Good teamplay will lead to your team winning and that is the satisfaction you should be here for, not for individual recognition. The only purpose the scoreboard has is for individual recognition and this mod is not for you if you're going for the satisfaction that comes from that.

Fun will be had on the ride to victory or loss either way and you still get satisfaction knowing you did good and helped your team out even if your team loses. Needing a scoreboard to tell if you are doing good or bad or helping your team or not is a completely baseless argument as you can easily tell how you're doing just by playing.

I'm repeating myself, but let me just make it clear. The scoreboard puts the focus on individuals instead of the team and the team is what the game is supposed to be about, so there is simply no excuse to have it in. With it in, there will be always be a focus on the individual, so people will try to make themselves recognized by acting for himself. With it out, the focus will be all on the team, so people will be acting for their team if they want their team to be recognized, and they should since they are a part of it. The latter is what the mod was made for.

I don't even know why I spend the time to explain this, it should all already be completely obvious and the people against it are just grasping for excuses to make the mod suit them even though it is not meant for them.

Now it's time for me to sleep and then read this is the morning to see how stupid my post sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menigmand
It leads to many players locking themselves in one style of exploitive play, such as the sniping kit (get rid of that one too... lets have some tactical firefights instead of getting shot from beyond visible range repeatedly just to make some 12 year old's little ego a stiffening)
Last edited by SleepyHe4d; 03-22-2009 at 06:28 AM..
Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #62
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

The only way you should be able to confirm your kills is by standing directly over their dead body. If people were obsessed with their K/D ratio, then add another item to every kit: Pen & Paper, so they can tally their kills (like the kill counts on the ZIS-3)

For those who are concerned about keeping track of how many tickets, just as fuzzhead stated, keep the deaths. Because you have a rough estimate of how many tickets judging by the deaths. And I mean rough estimate because it doesn't take into effect how many vehicles/types of vehicles destroyed.

And revealing K/D at the end isn't goin far enough, rather a Squad-based K/D would be more interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #63
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

The problem I see is I can just look to see if my points go up after a kill if i get more points I killed him.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #64
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

my 2 cents, leave it in... if you want to use it, use it... if you dont, dont
still, i think a squad kd ratio would be better, so the only way for u to know your own k/d ratio is if you lave the squad, and create anew.
have it so the squad k/d shows just the squad, and mabey individual points at the end.
i just like looking at my points and seeing how well i am doing, if it is low i try harder, and if it is high i celibrate and we go kill some of the e...

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #65
Axel

Sleepy 1+, the sniper kit could go aswell for all I care.
Axel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
counter, kill, remove, rid