project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?
Yes, please implement this as soon as possible! 6 40.00%
I like it, but I think the system's fine as it is. 2 13.33%
I like it, but I think there are other ways around it. (Please specify) 4 26.67%
I don't like it, please don't touch the jeeps! 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #11
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

ahh, i wrote a massive post and i got wiped.. noo OK here is an attempt at re- wrting it:

I would like to have 6 but i am not sure how you fit them in a hunvee, appears to have no middle seat when their is a gunner and the "boot" is down. While in the Vodnick it would be uneven to have 6, wioth 3 in the back (excluding gunner), why not jsut add 1 more, make it simetrical. BUT 1 more = 7. AND what is the point of a truck then that carries mabey 3 more when you could have 2 vodnicks that have better armour and a gun or even a APC.

PROBLEM SOLVED- i tryed to mention this earlier: make squad smaller, to 4/5 peeps. THe quick reason is that 6 is hard to control and hard to look after (no denying, dont often have all 6 with you). BUT BUT by adding a squad to squad communcation system 2 squads could cooperate together. THis would be far more flexable and more powerfull that a few very large squads.
THE TRUE REASON - it makes transporting people around alot easier, vehicle do not have to be completely desgin around the diffuclyt number of 6, (4 is better that 5 but still, both work). A Hunvee could therefore easily carry a whole squad many many many other veihcles liek the blackhawk could be given 3 more places and they would be able to carry 2 squads.

THe number of options open, become a lot larger and many constraints are remove However as mention above it require a new SL to SL communication system that would be vital .

SO THE MORAL OF THE "STORY" IS THAT EVERY PART OF PR IS LINKED, THE SQUAD SYSTEM HAS AN EFFECT ON VEHICLES AND VEHICLE THEN IN TURN AHVE AN AFFECT ON INFANTRY - sorry about caps lock but i flet it was very important
Last edited by Top_Cat_AxJnAt; 04-29-2006 at 02:28 PM..
Old 04-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
Solitas

The military truck I suggested would hold two squads. Two up front, 10 in the back, with supplies that resupplied ALL forms of ammuniation and medical supplies. Think of the truck as amobile supply crate that can transport troops. Though you'd need to be a passenger to ge the benefit.
Where-as a Humvee should only re-supply bullets.

Essentially the truck should be seen as a mobile command base, somewhere to go to re-arm and get healed and transport platoons together quickly.
Solitas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
[T]Terranova7

What meaks you think HJs would become APCs? Right now the jeeps can barely take a few shots from a squad armed with some small arms. In terms of all vehicles, I'm hoping they can become a bit more durable by tolerating alot more damamge. We don't need or want open spaces on our humvees, vodniks and nanjings, whats the point? Each map is a battlefield in every sense you'll never know where you will encounter hostilities. Technically we want all of the players inside the vehicle at all times.

APCs already their advantages anyhow. They do infact hold alot more armor, so they probably could withstand anything from 5.45s to .50s. Put one of those roll cages or ERA on some of them to help against RPG attacks as well.

If possible I was thinking to break the six man in a vehicle limit, how about creating a "vehicle" inside the base vehicle. Basically having some compartment in the rear of the vehicle, with maybe six slots. All these slots in this extra compartments are all passengers, meaning you can't access the driver and/or gunner postions from here. You enter this area by approaching the rear of the vehicle and pressing the enter key. While to get in the driver and/or gunner position you approach the front. I still could use an official answer on whether or not this is possible or not. Cause if it is, it could be a useful concept for several vehicle types.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #14
Top_Cat_AxJnAt
Smile

The followign is in large text as to point out it;s importance to me and PR as a whole

THIS IS TOP CATS CONCLUSION and is what i would love adn believe is the only answer

1) - 1 type of hunvee, carries 5, has a boot and and either type of side window mentioned here: http://realitymod.com/forum/t5608-p-...te-thread.html - 4 post down. Has either a 50 cal or 30 cal and there would be NO TOW version. It provides bullets.

2) - 1 type of vodnick, carries 7, has a door on the back with a window, the side windows have bullet proof glass in them. It has either a 50 cal or 30 cal. It provide bullets.

2) - A truck, carries 12, provide very limited protection from 7.62 rounds with bullet proof front window and a small side wall protecting lower back of soldier sitting in the back, has no roof. It provides all types of ammo and health.

THIS A PERFECT BALANCE. It is repeated from what others siad above but it is also what i belvie to be RIGHT AND REALISTIC!!!!! good day, i thank also those for helpign me come to this conclusion.

Terranova, i like you idea very very much. As you said, all APC's should be able to carry a whole squad. The question as to number of pilots for APC's and TAnks is another question and should be avoided unless absolutely relavent.
Last edited by Top_Cat_AxJnAt; 04-29-2006 at 03:41 PM..
Old 04-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #15
[T]Terranova7

I don't think 30 cals are used anymore. If anything for the U.S lower caliber type weapons you might want to look at the M240, fire 7.62mm as opposed to 12.7mm (.50), or just the M249 SAW.

I think the PR should look at variants as well.

For Spec Ops Missions

Member of
|

Old 04-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #16
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

LOL, some of those Hunvees are crazy. Sorry when i said 30cal i jsut meant a machine gun wiht a calibre around 7.5mm, personnaly i would not like a SAW because its round is too light and a more powerfull 7.62mm would have almost no disavatages and would only have a positive effect on gameplay.
But do you agree with my conclustion, what parts not, i am pretty much asking for your overall opnion on the 3 aspecks i looked!?!
thanks,

P.S we should consider a the automatic grenade launcher instead of a machine gun, it could actually serve a purpose on the battlefield!
Top_Cat_AxJnAt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #17
[T]Terranova7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top _Cat the great
1) - 1 type of hunvee, carries 5, has a boot and and either type of side window mentioned here: http://realitymod.com/forum/t5608-p-...te-thread.html - 4 post down. Has either a 50 cal or 30 cal and there would be NO TOW version. It provides bullets.

2) - 1 type of vodnick, carries 7, has a door on the back with a window, the side windows have bullet proof glass in them. It has either a 50 cal or 30 cal. It provide bullets.

3) - A truck, carries 12, provide very limited protection from 7.62 rounds with bullet proof front window and a small side wall protecting lower back of soldier sitting in the back, has no roof. It provides all types of ammo and health.
I agree with the amount of troops the vehicles can carry. Although I'm sure theres plenty room for many varaints. A humvee armed with a TOW system could helpful on open ended maps, if PR intends on implementing any. Worked pretty well in both Desert Combat and Point of Existence 1.

Lets not forget people that not every vehicle should or is going to be on every single map. If we implement a humvee armed with a TOW missile system, I'm sure the PR mappers aren't going to have it placed on Strike at Karkand or something. Something that could help on vehicle oriented maps to help against a constant APC, IFV and/or tank threat.

Member of
|

Old 04-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #18
Malik
Banned

Or, you could stick with my more practial conclusion. You're suggesting the devs recreate all the vehicles so they're more effective. I suggest one vehicle set is made heavily based on the heavy jeeps to serve a different purpose altogether. All the bullet proof glass and special windows makes no real difference to the vehicle, it just wastes dev time. Let me clarify what I suggested:

Light Jeep:
  • Will hold 6 people, regardless of army using it and regardless of real life counterparts. Squads have 6 people, light jeeps can hold 6 people.
  • Will carry a non-armour piercing cannon, but can still mow down infantry.
  • All passengers can fire their own weapons from the rear or passenger seats.
  • All passengers are vulnerable to bullets from some angle, so it's never impossible to shoot them.
  • The armour is about the same as it is now, though it's more resistant to the guns on other light jeeps.
  • The vehicle has improved speed from the current heavy jeeps, but still can't compete with the older light jeeps.

Heavy Jeep:
  • Will hold 4 people, regardless of army using it and regardless of real life counterparts.
  • Will carry the same cannon current heavy jeeps carry. Able to destroy light jeeps as easy as they do now, but other heavy jeeps won't be so easy. Other models may incorporate a light missile system, but this could be a new feature for new maps.
  • No passengers can fire their weapons from inside the vehicle, they have a nice interior view of the vehicle and their team mates riding with them.
  • The only weakspots on these vehicles will be the front windshield and the hole where the gunner stands. Yes, grenades can get.
  • Stronger armour than present vehicles, resistant to most rifle fire, but heavy rounds harm it as usual. Maybe it can resist one rocket or one of those new SLAM packs, but tanks have no problem.
  • The vehicle is slightly slower than the present heavy jeep, because of the armour.
Malik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #19
six7

Send a message via MSN to six7 Send a message via Skype™ to six7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
Or, you could stick with my more practial conclusion. You're suggesting the devs recreate all the vehicles so they're more effective. I suggest one vehicle set is made heavily based on the heavy jeeps to serve a different purpose altogether. All the bullet proof glass and special windows makes no real difference to the vehicle, it just wastes dev time. Let me clarify what I suggested:

Light Jeep:
  • Will hold 6 people, regardless of army using it and regardless of real life counterparts. Squads have 6 people, light jeeps can hold 6 people.
  • Will carry a non-armour piercing cannon, but can still mow down infantry.
  • All passengers can fire their own weapons from the rear or passenger seats.
  • All passengers are vulnerable to bullets from some angle, so it's never impossible to shoot them.
  • The armour is about the same as it is now, though it's more resistant to the guns on other light jeeps.
  • The vehicle has improved speed from the current heavy jeeps, but still can't compete with the older light jeeps.

Heavy Jeep:
  • Will hold 4 people, regardless of army using it and regardless of real life counterparts.
  • Will carry the same cannon current heavy jeeps carry. Able to destroy light jeeps as easy as they do now, but other heavy jeeps won't be so easy. Other models may incorporate a light missile system, but this could be a new feature for new maps.
  • No passengers can fire their weapons from inside the vehicle, they have a nice interior view of the vehicle and their team mates riding with them.
  • The only weakspots on these vehicles will be the front windshield and the hole where the gunner stands. Yes, grenades can get.
  • Stronger armour than present vehicles, resistant to most rifle fire, but heavy rounds harm it as usual. Maybe it can resist one rocket or one of those new SLAM packs, but tanks have no problem.
  • The vehicle is slightly slower than the present heavy jeep, because of the armour.
You realize that even making new varients of these vehicles will force the Devs to creat a whole new set of models and skins. If we need more transportation needs, then they might as well make something unique.

Quote:
Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain. -Niccolò Machiavelli
six7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #20
[T]Terranova7

I don't think that concept is needed though. Realistic wise a standard Humvee could carry five at a minimum. Why would you limit it to four? What I suggested damage wise was that bullets just don't "wither" away the jeep's health. Basically standard bullets will penetrate or not, if it penetrates it hurts or possibly kills a player inside. With RPG type weapons the rocket pierces the armor, and more than likely injures or kills one or two occupants inside.

If we can place weak spots on the vehicles, a few 12.7mm rounds to the engine should disable the vehicle. If a bullet penetrates the tank it should explode partially. Speed should always remain the same with HJs as well.

Member of
|

Tags
ideas, jeep, seperate, thread