project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Viper.Sw

Default RADAR

I have searched forum and seen plenty of ideas and tests about radar.
I would like to add a comment about radar in general.

If it is possible it would be awesome to add radar to all vehicles/asstes that have radar in real life eg. some AA vehicles. Radar to only work for aircraft and maybe only over a specific altitude maybe 50-100m and up.

Also maybe add a radar station to building assets to be placed close to FOP. Tow station would also be neat if that is possible. If it would turn out to be too many radars on map if available on every FOP, have a static one in main bases that either commander can use or any other guy, this is not to pinpoint enemy jets and so on put to be able to know if they are up and in what part of the map they are in.

Fighter jets should have a radar on them aswell, maybe showing enemy aircraft on the minimap or something if that is possible to implement.

Radar would add a huge realism part to PR and add to even more teamworking.

Obviously there is a locking system that can lock/radar in on specific ingame targets, as shown in the test video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSmDVA1suQ 1 min 10 sec. If this could be made to work somehow, wed have a radar.

EDIT: ALSO check his other post 4 down
Last edited by Viper.Sw; 03-09-2009 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: added more info
Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Tirak

Default Re: RADAR

I'm so happy, someone actually used search, but then that person didn't do what search was intended and post in the topic that already exists thus making me sad

Resuggestion,

I'd normally put a spiel about the ASS list and the Search Function, but you seem to know how to use those so instead, post in old topics. If they get closed for necro, complain to management.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper.Sw View Post
I have searched forum and seen plenty of ideas and tests about radar.
I would like to add a comment about radar in general.

If it is possible it would be awesome to add radar to all vehicles/asstes that have radar in real life eg. some AA vehicles. Radar to only work for aircraft and maybe only over a specific altitude maybe 50-100m and up.

Also maybe add a radar station to building assets to be placed close to FOP. Tow station would also be neat if that is possible. If it would turn out to be too many radars on map if available on every FOP, have a static one in main bases that either commander can use or any other guy, this is not to pinpoint enemy jets and so on put to be able to know if they are up and in what part of the map they are in.

Fighter jets should have a radar on them aswell, maybe showing enemy aircraft on the minimap or something if that is possible to implement.

Radar would add a huge realism part to PR and add to even more teamworking.
If you have seen the threads about radars you should have seen whats said there. In general a radar would mean all enemies will be visualized not just planes and tanks, but infantrery inside houses and so on. Its evertything or nothing.

Its a reason to search that reason is:
1. you should check why it has been turned down.
2. see if its alredy suggested.
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Viper.Sw

It feels like you are turning the subject down a bit too fast, since as I saw in one of the test videos of an apache, there is obviously a way of making some kind of radar ingame, how it works and if it could do any good is probably up to the devs to say.

Obviously there is a locking system that can lock/radar in on specific ingame targets, as shown in the test video YouTube - TRtest around 1 min 10 sec. If this could be made to work somehow, wed have a radar.
Viper.Sw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Engineer

I suppose that when/if that radar is implemented (I dont know is it a WIP or dead project) the Dev's know what to do with it.

The PR team is talented and filled with real military advisor's, such as pilots. I'm sure they know pretty well how one should work, so just relax, sit back, and wait
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Viper.Sw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
I suppose that when/if that radar is implemented (I dont know is it a WIP or dead project) the Dev's know what to do with it.

The PR team is talented and filled with real military advisor's, such as pilots. I'm sure they know pretty well how one should work, so just relax, sit back, and wait
This is a suggestion thread as far as I have understood, therefore I put suggestions here...
I know the Devs are very good and skilled, but suggestions have helped developing a better PR, that is why I added this thread, to give the devs ideas and suggetsions that they might have use of.
Viper.Sw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper.Sw View Post
It feels like you are turning the subject down a bit too fast, since as I saw in one of the test videos of an apache, there is obviously a way of making some kind of radar ingame, how it works and if it could do any good is probably up to the devs to say.

Obviously there is a locking system that can lock/radar in on specific ingame targets, as shown in the test video YouTube - TRtest around 1 min 10 sec. If this could be made to work somehow, wed have a radar.
Could have given that vid in the first place.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Sounds great, you show me a radar in real life that can detect humans, cars, tanks, and planes we'll add it in.

Point being is the BF2 radar shows all (players and all) or no enemy at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
Sounds great, you show me a radar in real life that can detect humans, cars, tanks, and planes we'll add it in.

Point being is the BF2 radar shows all (players and all) or no enemy at all.
Check the video he posted its not the vbf2 radar. Something Alex has put up it seems.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Yeah I just saw his second post. Gonna make a note for it to the first as a few others I dont think saw it too.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
radar