project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Default Firebase complete destruction

Hi,

I found an old suggestion in for 0.7 version about something alike but I think I can still suggest it.

Every completely destroyed Firebases should cost tickets.
I am not sure how many but maybe 2-5. At least two - a truck costs 2 and I think a FB is at least as worth as a truck...
Since vehicles cost tickets I dont see a reason which speaks against my suggestion.

Losing a Firebase in RL would probably affect the army in a big way. Though I am not completly sure what FB is exactly in RL and how big it usually is but I guess with a radio and HMGs and razor wire it costs a bit in RL.

So why should it be for free in PR?

I suggest team loses 2-5 tickets for a FB that is completly destroyed by the enemy.
And by completly I mean it can not be rebuild but a new one has to be build.

Regards
Hunter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
cyberzomby

Default Re: Firebase complete destruction

I think it already costs tickets. Someone mentioned that to me one time in game. That stuff like MG's and so costs tickets. Not a 100% sure though.

I think I can agree with you on this. But! Will be hard for the bigger maps as you need a squad defenind the base(s) as well. So even less squads to attack with.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
Zimmer
Supporting Member

In the stress test we found out that this system could be exploited I dont remember how. But I believe it is when one guy shovels and the firebase gets repaired and destroyed. Now I dont know if taht will be exploited or codeable to only loose tickets when its completely destroyed.
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
JuniperM40

Yes this can be exploited to drive one side into LOSS very quickly.

1. Have a firebase/MG Nest/etc.. built.

2. Drop a repair unit next to it.

3. Destroy said firebase/MG Nest

4. Watch as firebase/MG Nest is re-built, then destroyed, then re-built, then destroyed, then re-built, etc..

Result = Team runs out of tickets within seconds.

- JM40.

JuniperM40 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
arjan

How about till the firebase is tottaly gone?
even the unconstructed part?

Ingame name: [TP]A.Behr
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
waldo_ii

I'm all for less tickets for complete destruction of firebases. The only problem I can foresee is that when CO demolishes a FB, then you lose tickets, which shouldn't happen. Maybe it can be solved by giving the team X number of tickets when the CO demolishes a FB, where X = number of tickets lost for complete destruction of a FB.

|TGXV| Waldo_II

waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

juniper is correct all the way
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperM40 View Post
Yes this can be exploited to drive one side into LOSS very quickly.

1. Have a firebase/MG Nest/etc.. built.

2. Drop a repair unit next to it.

3. Destroy said firebase/MG Nest

4. Watch as firebase/MG Nest is re-built, then destroyed, then re-built, then destroyed, then re-built, etc..

Result = Team runs out of tickets within seconds.

- JM40.

well dont we have the ticket loss for MGs now?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
Doc_Frank

The loss of a spawnpoint might be a big setback in itself. Paying with tickets for something that the players made available isn't quite reasonable I think.

"The torture never stops."
Doc_Frank is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
Hitman.2.5

The Fire Base in RL started out in Vietnam as part of an ambishous project undertaken by the Air Cav for its troops, as they had to start moving out of there main bases mortar and howitzer Range so they dropped a BLU-82 Instant LZ bomb landed engineers and heavy Equipment and materials and in the space of 3 days built a Base that had 5 M102 105mm howitzers and about 5 81mm mortars and an air cav bataillion to defend it. These were to Extend the range of what there troops could operate at form their main base with out having to sacrifice fire support. it had a helipad, FCC, TOC, Aid station and a Mess and utilities.

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
complete, destruction, firebase