project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
kakakopf
Default TANKS REVERSE

I just got shot up in my Chalenger 2 because tanks are way to slow in reverse, in my opinion this results in tank on tank engagements being nothing more then whoever gets the first three shots on the target wins.

here is a video of what it should be like if you are going for realism as the name of you mod says

Leopard 2 Rückwärtsfahrt Video - Kettenfahrlehrer - MyVideo

there is one that ilustrates it better but i can't find it right now, I'll post it later
kakakopf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: TANKS REVERSE

afaik the devs are aware that tanks can reverse very fast, (almost as fast as their foward speed iirc?)

But iirc when they increased the tanks max forwards speed, the slow reverse speed was an unforseen complication that has not yet been fixed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

i think rudd is correct

and the dev's definitely know about IRL capabilities of tanks
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

^^ Tis true, [R-DEV]Undies is a real life Challenger 2 Driver I think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
14thunder20

Hopefully it will be addressed for the next release...It would make tank tactics much more interesting and varied.
14thunder20 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
luckyhendrix

What would be great for tank tactics would be to have ground stabilized canon, but i think it's hardcoded otherwise dev would already have done it.(damn BF2 engine )
luckyhendrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #7
Priby
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyhendrix View Post
What would be great for tank tactics would be to have ground stabilized canon, but i think it's hardcoded otherwise dev would already have done it.(damn BF2 engine )
You mean something like this?
YouTube Video

Results are talking very rude! MAJOR GENERAL!!!
Priby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #8
Harrod200

Stabilisation is possible but buggy IIRC. Unfortunately many things work on local servers (as the vid above probs was) but not online.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:53 AM   #9
Onil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
afaik the devs are aware that tanks can reverse very fast, (almost as fast as their foward speed iirc?)

But iirc when they increased the tanks max forwards speed, the slow reverse speed was an unforseen complication that has not yet been fixed.
it is easily fixed... you can had hand break to vehicles and the same method also allows you to have a faster reverse.

Onil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrod200 View Post
Stabilisation is possible but buggy IIRC. Unfortunately many things work on local servers (as the vid above probs was) but not online.

Its not a local server, its online. The tank haul can turn and move and you're gun will basicly point the same location, its not like real one when you're tank "lock-on-target" but it does HELP alot.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
reverse, tanks