project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
ghOst819
Banned
Exclamation Hesco Barrier

I think this would be a pretty cool idea if we had hesco barriers in game.They could help with blocking rocket or small arms attacks or a fb that is exposed rather than having tank traps around it.
ghOst819 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
ReadMenace

Default Re: Hesco Barrier

We do.. They're all over..

ETA: Oh, you want them to be a commander asset?

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
cplgangster

i know this is going to sound wierd and wrong because the fact that most things that come off a firebase would take a long while to make from the ground but im pretty sure those hesco blocks/barriers need heavy lifting equipment to put in place and transport from place to place. I just dont think it would be feasable or 'realistic' to have them.

Before anyone says anything i know that the other things arnt that realistic but they are more likely to be put up in a quick time than the hesco barriers.

I would how ever like a more protecte base and something that could protect the FB a little bit more than what it is thought maybe something not as big as the hesco barriers.

FuzzySquirrel =US=:And the point is me sneekin up on a U.S tank IF i had c4 or a mine they would have been dead
[R-DEV]AfterDune: And we all agree, that is pretty.. pretty bad-ass!
Darth.Skylinei remember this one time i was running to the living room, so i decided to jump to get me there faster (yeah vBF2 style haha) - but then i hit my head on the top part of the door
cplgangster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Raniak

Don't those things take bulldozers to build ?

More "defensives" and built before the place turns into a battlefield. So, having them placed by the mapper makes more sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Raniak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
ghOst819
Banned

Well since we dont have a construction company maybe they could just take longer to build(Longer shovel time).Almost all fob's have hesco barriers,so why cant we have them?
ghOst819 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
cplgangster

yes FOB do have them and i think that is what most of the mains are meant to represent in a way, Kashan desert doesnt really count and niether does al basrah but the others are pretty close to FOBs. In the sense of what they are.

FuzzySquirrel =US=:And the point is me sneekin up on a U.S tank IF i had c4 or a mine they would have been dead
[R-DEV]AfterDune: And we all agree, that is pretty.. pretty bad-ass!
Darth.Skylinei remember this one time i was running to the living room, so i decided to jump to get me there faster (yeah vBF2 style haha) - but then i hit my head on the top part of the door
cplgangster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniak View Post
Don't those things take bulldozers to build ?
Close- a front-loader.

Front loader

Bull-dozer
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
DeltaFart

wth is a hesco barrier?
And if its what I'm thinking those giant sandbag things like on kashan, I could see a use in say Community Matches, not much else

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
Teek
Supporting Member

You cant fill them by hand, unless you want to spend an entire round to get 10'

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #10
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
I could see a use in say Community Matches, not much else
I hear this said allot, I wondering what does this mean? That term get shot out but never explained.

*playing devil advocate as I tired of hear that simple explanation

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
barrier, hesco