project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #41
Sgt. Mahi

Default Re: Hesco Barrier

How about choppers flying already-filled Hesco barriers in??? Isn't that seen in real life?

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #42
PatrickLA_CA

Yeah, HESCOs are realistic for FOBs but for large ones like IRL, not like in PR, it wouldn't be realistic to see 2 HESCOs in the middle of the dessert or city right? Maybe sandbags but they were suggested couple of times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cobra-PR-

The rotor is just a big fan on top of the helicopter designed to keep the pilot cool.
When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #43
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Thermis View Post
You underestimate the power of motivated soldiers being shot at. How do you think we get hescos on top of mountains?

While the preferred method of filling hescos is using a front loader, soldiers can fill them by hand. Yes is does take forever.
Exactly.

1st, you wouldn't be building this while getting shot at... Or so I think. At least.

And by forever you mean like what? According to the book, it takes about 1 day for a squad (or platoon - not sure) to fill 1 barrier up completely.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #44
Charliesierra-RCR

here's my 2 cents, Hesco is used widely in afghanistan, and right on the front line... but usually never filled by hand, and mostly filled by engineers with heavy equipment or local afghan contractors.

The fire bases we make in the game, are designed like Patrol hides... quick to set up, and quick to dismantle, ideal for the light infantry..

If the addition of Hesco to be added to the game, i think it would be ideal for the Team Commander have the ability to set up the hesco at the main base to start up a "FOB"... most servers allow 2-3 minutes worth of waiting before a round starts, if a team commander could hop in, put up a 4 wall compound with a entrance, then it would alright...

But no Hesco for the firebases that a Squad leader can set up..
Last edited by Charliesierra-RCR; 05-11-2011 at 12:46 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #45
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

maybe sandbags would suffice
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #46
[R-DEV]Thermis
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Exactly.

1st, you wouldn't be building this while getting shot at... Or so I think. At least.

And by forever you mean like what? According to the book, it takes about 1 day for a squad (or platoon - not sure) to fill 1 barrier up completely.
If you're building a new COP it happens. Generally though you are not getting shot at, I am not aware of the textbook answer for how long it will take x amount of people to fill a hesco, but I imagine a squad could probably get at least 2 of the small ones filled in a day without breaking their backs.
[R-DEV]Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #47
illidur

i would like a wall of sandbags.... wires offer no cover. incindiary can destroy it for game mechanics, but it would be better if it took more. like arty/30mm >/vbied/bomb/tank/c4 or rpg etc.
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #48
Doc.Pock

imo only a nuke or jdam directly should completley eradicaet teh wires as theyr yust well wiers.
sry for bad lang now
im durnkk

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #49
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Eddie Baker View Post
Close- a front-loader.

Front loader

Bull-dozer
I garantee you dont need any machinery to set them up... They are EXTREMELY long to dig... BUT its "Digg-able". I know i had to fill some with my god damn shovel.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #50
Redamare
Supporting Member

this was suggested years ago . . . But okay . . i DO believe that there should be a WALL alternative to razer wire / tank traps . . a Hesco barrier that cant be destroyed without the use of C4 or IEDS. but the more assets we have for FOBS the easier they are to be picked out from the land scape we need to figure out new ways to destroy them them before we add new assets.

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
barrier, hesco