project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525
Default Adding ROE Exclusion Zone in INSURGENCY.

The idea is pretty simple, just addin a offlimit zone to conventional forces near Hospital (Fallujah) & Mosq (all INS) cause they is no way a NATO soldier would fight inside a Church or an Hospital... that will also provide a safe zone to insurgent just like the real thing. [Najaf battle as example]...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Renegade Commissar

Default Re: Adding ROE Exclusion Zone in INSURGENCY.

I thought there already was a penalty for killing something in a Mosque, letting alone going into one on the Coalition side?
Renegade Commissar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
mp5punk
Banned

They should make it so if you shoot on a mosque u loose points because in real life you cant shoot at a mosque.
mp5punk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Tannhauser

Hotrod's probably referring to a teamspecific dome-of-death like the one around mains in order to prevent baseraping.

I know there's such a thing on ramiel. It isn't on Muttrah (conventional vs conventional) but it's not on West Fallujah for some reason, gameplay I guess because the mosque is enterable. I think there's one on the the mosques in Karbala too.

Yeah... West Fallujah's redcross and mosque have no dome-of-death. Maybe Duckhunt or Rhino could tell us their motivations? I personally don't care much, but for realism sake Hotrod's kind of right ; it is awkard to fight inside a redcross compound. (but insurgents wouldn't be allowed in the compound either)

As for mp5punk, that's just not possible or very hard to make ; not worth it.

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
Zeppelin35

Unless the Devs make it so that you could shoot back at someone who is shooting from the mosque I can see this getting abused like crazy.
Zeppelin35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #6
abbadon101
Supporting Member

In real life Insurgents abuse the ROE concerning unarmed collaborators and Mosques, I think a Dome of Death would work as you could still return fire if you are coalition, but would give INS a safe haven to retreat to.
abbadon101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp5punk View Post
They should make it so if you shoot on a mosque u loose points because in real life you cant shoot at a mosque.
afaik u may fire on a mosque if engaged from it, same with most buildings.

The game cannot tell when people are engaging afaik, so I don't see this happening.

If a team wasn't allowed in a location, the enemy will just snipe from it safe in teh knowledge that no1 is gonna sneak up on them.

Perhaps it can be coded so u can't kill an enemy who is not armed if he is in an exclusion zone?

The problem is that there are no effective punishments for breaking teh ROE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #8
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Rudd, that's what the USMC team is doing already, with snipers on the roofs in their mainbase. Seems only fair that the insurgents get to do it too

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
Solid Knight

Normally those buildings are off-limits unless the enemy is using them. IE storing a weapon's cache there, shooting out of it, using it as a base of operations.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
Rudd, that's what the USMC team is doing already, with snipers on the roofs in their mainbase. Seems only fair that the insurgents get to do it too
but there not safe up there (:

yes you cant knife them but they are attack able from every angle i lulz at people that cant kill are sniper because they use the same rout and same tactics as the last guy. spawn at your main flank mur sniper one ask-47 one molov sniper will die.

sniper say in this dod to stop said ins from stealing the kit.

also the SVD makes the sniper rifle look stupid i love that thing !

OH and caches spawn at both locals asked to put a DoD on sadly.

this would make the map even smaller if you want to add a west&East fall then i agree to add DoD at both locals but remove cache spawns.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
adding, exclusion, insurgency, roe, zone