project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
White Rock

Default Less transport trucks and more apc's at start.

It seems like with transport trucks being so abundant peapole don't have to rely that often on APC's as transport.

An maps where apc's are abundant, remove all transport trucks and force infantry to rely on APC's.
And add more apc's at the start of the game to compensate (you dont even have to "add" em. Just remove the 10 minute spawn wait time.)
White Rock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default Re: Less transport trucks and more apc's at start.

Make the apc's harder to kill so INF will use them.

Most SL will walk 2,000m before they go 400m in a apc.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Give some specific examples please - ie map / faction and what you think the vehicle loadout should be.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Cassius

What is so bad about people not using the apc for transport ? I do not get it at all.

APCs are for transport, yes, untill the brown stuff hits the fan, then the troops unload and they do the shooy thing. I only really see a problem if squadleaders want to call in an apc for pick up but it does not want to hear any of it. TS should fix that, seen as apcs are busy at times and not sitting at main scanning in game messages for people asking for pick up.

I wanted an apc ride once on Ejod desert to transport my squad through the hills past the troops stationed there to take out an outpost nearby gardens, without having to fight my way through the city with the rest of the mob and I got it. FB went down all was good, except that the apc did not pull out fast enough and got blown up by the tank .
On another occasion we organized over teamspeak a convoi on ramiel. 2 humvees in front and a squad in each Stryker. Although we had to find a different entrance to the city, because our humvee on point got blown up by ied we got within 250m of the 2 caches dismounted covered by the apc killing off insurgents while warning the APC about IEDs. Where 2 squads got killed over and over before we cut through like a hot knife through butter.

Taking a ride in an apc is risky, but not as risky as riding a helo, but if squads use a transport truck instead, I dont think that is a reason to gripe.

Also apcs are NOT too easy to kill. Half the time everyone just runs from them because nobody has AT and the other half of the time its either miss or people do not get it reloaded in time.

Isnt it funny how apcs are easy to kill when you think about getting a ride in them, but zomg apc RUN when an enemy apc is comin for you ?

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Alex6714

On the contrary, I would say they are pretty easy to kill in my experience.

What I find is people just don´t ask for any APCs, everyone blames it on the APCs not helping the infantry, quite often I find its the other way round. Only time I find it works is with fellow iGi on TS.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Only time I find it works is with fellow iGi on TS.
You said it bro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
nick20404

I disagree for one reason

Kozelsk

On this map for Russians there is no freaking transport besides APCS! This leads to... 1 man apcing because no one has a ride, squads ditching the apc after they get there etc etc. If anything they need more transport trucks added to all maps.
nick20404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
Give some specific examples please - ie map / faction and what you think the vehicle loadout should be.
Ok, well, a more armored¹ vehicle would be appreciate... more effective weaponry², and allowing people to shoot³ from it.

1 -> Allow APC to sustain more damage, or atleast to survive H.A.T./Mine. What i mean by survive is, rather than be an instant kill (when you're APC is brand new) set the damage to 95%, stoping the vehicle and giving just that 5 seconds to people to get out before it blown.

2 -> Change the over heating on some APC (EX: LAV25 shoot way slower than BMP3 so it might shoot for a longuer time) and bring back 25/30mm to evey one. Ok you might said "reducing the heating will encourage "light tank warfare". But i actualy think people will feel way safer if they known that the vehicle carrying them is capable of defending they're 8 lifes. We can still use the BTR60 and Stryker, as long British (Bulldog) and Chinese (XYZ) got some too. On Qwai River... Yes you got TOW humvee, but they are SOFTSKIN they dosent resist anything. If atleast you had a TOW Stryker variant or even just 1 M2A3, then again people will feel safer and use it. An other Example, give a BMP3 to MEC in Muttrah, USMC got PLENTY of way taking it down, and then MEC wont abandon the BTR60.

3 -> Look the picture :. As you can see they're is 2 guyz poping out of the back APC, if troops are allowed to do this in PR ( press CTRL for cover ) well, once again you give an other reason to people to get in, like 2 slot on the back would be open to shoot.

I already can imagine you guyz saying "giving them more firepower/armor will just encourage light tankin'" But hey! why do we dont use APC the way they are suppose to ? cause they are to much weak.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
Zeppelin35

The blaim is equally shared between unco-operative APC's and squads that just don't ask. I've played games where I would ask an APC for a ride many times and get no responce. I've also been in an APC squad that asked if anyone wanted a ride (With about half the team stuck at main) and only one squad responded during the entire game. The APC system is fine, it's the players that are at fault because they don't know how to put it to use.

This could also be blaimed on the lack of a commander in many games since most people don't take the job because there is almost nothing to do. For .9 the main priority should be making the commander fun again so pub games have some semblence of organization.
Zeppelin35 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
apc, start, transport, trucks