project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #21
RedAlertSF

Default Re: APC Change

I think everything is pretty much OK now, just remove the transport trucks, make riflemens' ammo bag to give more ammo and add 2 more LAT kits for a full team.
RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #22
Riflewizard

In my experience, strykers and MG apcs are just big targets. I would much rather use a light vehicle such as an humvee or technical, because they match or excel the apcs in firepower, speed, and stealth, plus generally attract a LOT less attention than any armored vehicle. The stryker is just a death trap in most cases, and i would guess any other similar vehicle would be the same, unless infantry worked with them carefully like they would with a humvee. Perhaps we could make Light AT requestable from technicals and the like, i think that would help balance out things now that kits cannot come from rally points.
Last edited by Riflewizard; 02-16-2009 at 05:22 AM..
Old 02-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #23
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

in AAS apcs are great inf transport and its safer to load up into a apc then to walk in AAS but INS is where apcs full of INF = lost of tickets.

12 ieds around the 1k map

20-30 landmines on a 1k map

2-4 mortar ieds on a 1k map

3-4 rpg7 running around on a 1k map

if the apc picks you up and gos where you want to go your going to die i always get "Apc go to E4/kp2"

I try to drop them off in "E4/kp7" yes its not right in the fight but your not dead are you?

SL don't care if your apc dies there not waiting for it to spawn and they will just use the heli now if there is one.

to make apc work in INS take away the landmines or make them shoot-able with anti tank rounds.

BUT what the Apc is super great for? long range door opener lol I love opening a door for a squad from 300m and helping them or blowing heat into a known cache building marked by inf for a atk run and killing the cache with out putting my inf team in harms way apc's and inf can work together just fine just not with in 50m of one another it seems in INS (:.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #24
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

removing APC's = fail
replacing them with BRDM's, Strykers and other sh*t = big fail
main problem players, if team well organized you'll see APC covering each other, transporting inf etc. look here, 3 APC providing close support and transporting inf, 1 apc covering others from suicide cars

in my experience, most of inf lads dont jump into APC, you come to them, tell them "hop in lads, I'll bring you to next flag in a second" and... they go on foot or wait for heli
yes, there is a chance of destroying APC with all inf inside, but its not big, BTR-60 survives even after direct hit from tank, on most maps main menace for APC is HAT or TOW
but pls, dont think its an uber tank, I hate when somebody asks me in urban area "we'll go behind you", its a good cover in field or wide street, but not in city with high enterable buildings, there inf go first

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #25
Delta_5-1_PL

I guess there is a simple solution of the problem: add real APCs and keep currently existing IFVs.

Aren't M113s and FV432s still in use? We've got Strykers and BTR-60s and as far as I've seen they are much more often used in proper way than armed with the 30mm gun IFVs. Also aren't in real life IFVs and APCs moving infantry to the frontilne and then supporting it, by moving around without infantry on board?
Delta_5-1_PL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #26
Solid Knight

Aside from maps like Kashan, you can move on foot no problem. Hopping in an APC is more likely to get you killed since they have the tendency to die when trying to get you closer to the flag after moving ahead of infantry.

Besides, I'd rather have my APCs blowing the hell out of the enemy than driving me around.

I'll consider them a taxi when we get 16 or 32 kilometer maps.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #27
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

I cant imagine PR whitout my 25MM chaingun =(. Some people dont use it the way it suppose too, but it happen whit every thing. People grab sniper kit cause its "cool" even if they dont hit anything... same apply for so much thing... there is no "miracle solution"

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #28
supahpingi

The AAV7!!!!!?????
Yeah,lets give em a 40mm nade launcher....

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #29
jbgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
removing APC's = fail
replacing them with BRDM's, Strykers and other sh*t = big fail
main problem players, if team well organized you'll see APC covering each other, transporting inf etc. look here, 3 APC providing close support and transporting inf, 1 apc covering others from suicide cars

in my experience, most of inf lads dont jump into APC, you come to them, tell them "hop in lads, I'll bring you to next flag in a second" and... they go on foot or wait for heli
yes, there is a chance of destroying APC with all inf inside, but its not big, BTR-60 survives even after direct hit from tank, on most maps main menace for APC is HAT or TOW
but pls, dont think its an uber tank, I hate when somebody asks me in urban area "we'll go behind you", its a good cover in field or wide street, but not in city with high enterable buildings, there inf go first
Agree, man 2x

Live by the sword, die by the sword...

Ingame:G-LockCobra
http://www.youtube.com/user/sotemot
jbgeezer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 AM   #30
Teek
Supporting Member

In order for players to get into the Mech. Inf. mindset is to start the off right away in the beginning of a round a squad with organic Armour support. With Mech. Inf, 2 squadies in a IFV belonging to your squad are more effective than with 2 more boots, and typing instructions to another squad. You could operate off of light tank mind sets, but if you carry troops to help you and attack objective and not random patrols, you become Mech. Inf.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
apc, change