project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #21
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Default Re: Pilots unarmed

Well I somewhat agree and disagree with this idea, in times of war any pilot is treated like a normal soldier, after all he did help bombing or kill the opposing side. And I like it because he also helps the extraction gamemode come back into PR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #22
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter
Default Re: Changed ROE for pilots

Changed the title to be more indicative of the thread contents.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:40 AM   #23
Snowno

This would just give pilots another reason to die with their aircraft... There is already no point in ejecting from your aircraft in PR.

Snowno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #24
luckyhendrix

For helo pilot its different you can't eject because often too low , but sometime I managed to land my helo in emergency after being hit by sam and lost the motor.

i think pepople will not tend to die with their aircraft if they can manage to survive because feel like in 'enemy territory' and having to be rescued is so cool !

But there souldn't be a penality for the oposing team to shot the pilot , only a bonus if they knife him.And the pilot kit should be valuable and take a longer time to spawn so that pilots try to survive and their mates protect them.
Last edited by luckyhendrix; 02-11-2009 at 07:28 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #25
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

well, this would actually be a pretty neat tie in with the Intel for AAS idea, if you knive a pilot, you can get intel, maybe see where he dropped of crates or maybe the position of a fb or something.
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #26
M.Warren

Interesting concept. Pilots could now be treated as unarmed combatants with certain benefits during normal AAS rounds.

That is... Until the Dev's fix the exit point in aircraft. When you're flying in most cases you'll never be able to exit it properly. Usually you end up colliding with the aircraft as you eject during flight because of the wings and/or armament being low enough to "clip" your pilot avatar upon your exit.

Personally I think the exit points should be the rear left or the rear right of the aircraft behind the wings and out of the way if no other solution can be made. Not often do people exit their beloved aircraft anyway, especially jets.

Although as much as I hate to reference original BF2, I never had a problem with being hit by my own aircraft many years ago. Not sure what's causing the problems here in PR. Aircraft speed perhaps?

Take the Blue Pill or take the Red Pill?

M.Warren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #27
BlackDingo

Send a message via MSN to BlackDingo

I was under the impression from a friend of mine i was chatting to yesterday who is in the Australian air force, that all US Air Force pilots we're issued a M9 Beretta standard issue when flying over hostile areas, in fact I'm sure of it, its a standard issue to pilots in the US when abroad.

Its properly the only thing that really shocked me in PR is Pilots are UNARMED?!? are you nuts, there are bullets going everywhere, planes being shot down over enemy territory, and your going to give the poor man nothing to defend himself with when he parachutes his rear into the edge of an enemy base?

I agree that it does encourage stealth tactics among pilots, but It'd be nice to be able to go down with a fight if your cornered by an enemy officer on your way back to base

Give the man a pistol, go on do it, you know the pilots will thank you for it

BlackDingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #28
Incomplete Spork
Banned

Its because pilots would parachute in and own enemies, then the pissed off enemies would alt+tab out and come here and bitch and moan about how they got overan by a single pilot because they suck.
Incomplete Spork is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #29
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

well...
lets look at what the pilot is thinking.
he gets shot down, he has a pistol and he can maybe kill some enemies, but against a proper force he is fucked.
so, after he is out of ammo, he can do one of two things, he can get shot or he can surrender and let himself be caught.
currently, this is seen as a negative. the thing is, in rl, surviving is a good thing. Therefore, you have to give both sides something positive from this.
Positive for the enemy team: lots of points to player, and if an intel system is implemented for enemy positions and such, they get intel points.
Positive for the pilot: he gets a shorter spawn time if he gets knifed (you have to give him a reason to be caught rather than shot, since PR players arent as attached to their digital lifes as their real ones). However, if he does get knifed, he looses a bunch of points.

If the enemy does shoot him, they get a kill, however, there must also be something negative for both sides if he is just shot.
Negative for the enemy team: Since going against ROE player looses points (maybe not the insurgents, i don't think they would care)
Negative for pilot: he has a longer spawn time (since he didnt give up)

that way, capturing an enemy pilot gives you points (maybe intel points if such a system is ever implemented) and killing one looses you points.
and as a pilot, if you get shot outside an aircraft, you get a longer spawn time, and if you get captured you get a shorter spawn time.

Therefore: the enemies have a reason to actually capture a pilot rather than shoot him, and the pilot has to make the choice of fighting with higher chance of death (longer spawn time) and getting captured with a lower chance of death while loosing a lot of points.

i think this would somewhat resemble the choices that a downed pilot has to make when in enemy territory.

and if you really want to, you can give points for teammembers that pick up a downed pilot with a vehicle.

edit: pilot would also need a voice comamnd like: "i surrender"
also, he would keep the "unarmed" weapon, and if he is shot using that, then the enemy soldier looses extra points, and the pilots spawn time stays at a normal level. whereas if he is arrested while using a weapon, he gets a slightly higher spawn time than usual, and the enemy gains extra points (and maybe intel points)
Last edited by wookimonsta; 02-11-2009 at 10:57 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #30
BlackDingo

Send a message via MSN to BlackDingo

wookimonsta, that is a freaking awesome idea.

That's exactly what needs to be introduced, that way a pilot can choose what he'd rather do... adding realism by exploring different pilots reactions in this 'shot down' situation

BlackDingo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changed, pilots, roe, unarmed