project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
DeltaFart

Default Apache Gunner Swivel Mounted Hydras

Yeah if most of you guys knew of this, sorry I never knew until I saw a clip of a prototype Apache hovering with it's rocket pods swiveling up and down.

My idea is this. Give the Apache Gunner(and any other helicopter gunner that has this capability) control over the hydras, with up and down movement capability. I'd say the first wepaon slot would suffice since I never saw the pods swivel side to side. That or add its own little gun camera and the up and down swivelling.

And I searched swivel rockets and got nothing. Probably not the best search query but I couldn't think of any other words

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Apache Gunner Swivel Mounted Hydras

I agree, since bf2 can let you move a turret while driving at the same time, and you can restrict views to a limited arc i.e. up and down, this is surely possible and would allow pilots to attack ground targets without gaining too much acceleration.

+1

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
CAS_117

so how does he aim them again?
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
mp5punk
Banned

I think what he is saying is guide the hydras like a mounted tow. So when you shoot you can move your chopper up and down and kind of control where the missle hits. Say if you the pilot and you are engaging a moving truck and you shoot a hydra and you move your cross hair after fire the missle follows the cross hair.
mp5punk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp5punk View Post
I think what he is saying is guide the hydras like a mounted tow. So when you shoot you can move your chopper up and down and kind of control where the missle hits. Say if you the pilot and you are engaging a moving truck and you shoot a hydra and you move your cross hair after fire the missle follows the cross hair.
That's not at all what he's saying, because that's not how Hydras work. He's saying the Hydra pods should be able to tilt up and down, but I'm not sure who he wants to control that tilt.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
mp5punk
Banned

Oh ok well then don't mind my statement lol
mp5punk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

hmmm, my previous statement is bollocks, could only work with both a joystick and mouse

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Alex6714

Unless in doing so you can provoke a change in the hud, then it doesn´t seem so useful, but I don´t know who you want to control this.

For example, in real life an apache gunner will aim at a target, the pilot lines up his monocle crosshair with the gunners crosshair, and then fires. Of course thats only one way of doing it.

@Rudd. Well for example you could have pilot controlled swiveling pods with "shift" input to put them a full rotation, and they automatically flip back. Maybe there are other ways, but imo not worth it, as you would need the HUD to adjust aswell, and we can´t simulate realistic pippers.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

One good use for them is pointing them down so the pilot can fly roughly level and the hydras will fire towards the ground. This means you dont have to dive down to strafe an area.

However, good luck getting that to work ingame.....
Drav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Would it be at all possible to let both gunner and pilot control them? So if needed the gunner could take control and fire them at an angle?
badmojo420 is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
apache, gunner, hydras, mounted, swivel