project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: What shall we use as Chinese small arms?
Use the full QBZ-95 family of rifles. 27 62.79%
QBZ-95 family for "Elite" Chinese faction (S.F.'s or marines) 16 37.21%
QBZ-95 weapons as unlocks for "distinguished soldiers", Type-81 weapons as basic weapon 7 16.28%
Use only Type-81 family weapons to be consistant, including the LMG 4 9.30%
Leave Chinese small arms as-is to spend effort elsewhere 3 6.98%
None of these options are satisfactory to me 2 4.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Default Chinese Small Arms Poll

There's been some discussion on the chinese small arms to use in PR, and I think its time we put it to vote. If you're well informed and have a strong opinion, go ahead and make your choice.

If you're not so informed, and aren't sure, wait on your vote.

Once you are informed, select ALL OPTIONS you would be happy with.

Over the next few days or weeks, lets discuss the QBZ-95 and Type-81 rifles and determine which best fits with the timeframe, theme and gameplay requirements of the mod.

For those who do not know, the QBZ/Type-95 rifle is China's modern 5.8mm bullpup, the Type-81 is basically the AK-74, and the Type-56 (which we currently have in BF2) is basically the AK-47.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by NikovK; 04-10-2006 at 09:22 PM..
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #2
[T]Terranova7

Type-81 is more of a upgrade of the AK-47/Type 56. Its only recently with the QBZ family that the Chinese have entered the 5.0mm caliber ammunition (Russia's AK-74M having 5.45mm, and U.S M16 rifles having 5.56mm rounds).

However, from what I've read the Type 81 is alot more reliable and accurate than the AK-47/Type 56.

I'm still looking for a delicate balance of QBZ firearms and the Type 81 rifles. The type 81 is alot more lethal, and having the option to choose the classic 7.62 and 5.8mm round weapons seems to add some variety to the game rather than seeing the QBZ here, there and everywhere.
[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #3
Lazzars

Send a message via AIM to Lazzars Send a message via MSN to Lazzars

depends on how far in the future we are saying PR is, if its only a few years from now chances are that china wouldn't have integrated the QBZ beyond elite or favored units. so i say keep it as a special forces thing. the Type-81 fits in much more with the theme of the PLA, they aren't to far advanced atm and rely strongly on copies of russian weapons and even though they are developing new weapons they have far too many soldiers for the QBZ to be a standard weapon yet

so final vote:

few QBZs, special forces stuff
mostly Type 81s since they would be more abundant and they also would prove more leathal (larger round)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lazzars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
Grey_Ghost

What does it matter how far off into the future it is? I really don't think PR is all about the state of the Real World, MEC is a perfect example of this. Unless it becomes a known fact that the PLA will drop the 95's, I'm all for adding it. I am all about the differen't armies in the game looking more unique.
Grey_Ghost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
[T]Terranova7

In terms of equipment, I think thats where PR is going for realism. Seeing a QBZ everywhere is eventually going to get boring. Where as by adding the Type 81 which is alot more lethal than the QBZ familiy is going to add some variety. Although the MEC is controvsial, they're not using black eagle tanks. Personally I feel that the MEC should use more AK-47s and such, alongside with more advance equipment.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
Campez

Send a message via MSN to Campez

I like them all
Campez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #7
Sgt. Jarvis

But also look at the thriving business and economy China has, and it is growing at an incredible rate. 2006, they are increasing Military spending by 35.+ billion USD. Incredible to not think they would turn these suckers out so quickly. MEC is different on this matter, I believe even though some countries are wealthy in the Middle East, I still would come to the conclusion that they wouldn't scrap their older equipment like T-72s and AK-47s, they would also try to buy as much updated equipment, but would still have older equipment serving on frontlines. Anyways, just look at this year's billions of dollars spending on military equipment for China, and it is said that they are keeping up with their economic increase explosion. I'm starting to wonder if us westerners are quite arrogant with assuming the Chinese are uncapable of such awesome transformation.

|XWW2|Jason05
Research, Code, Effects

Sgt. Jarvis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #8
Pence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Jarvis
But also look at the thriving business and economy China has, and it is growing at an incredible rate. 2006, they are increasing Military spending by 35.+ billion USD. Incredible to not think they would turn these suckers out so quickly. MEC is different on this matter, I believe even though some countries are wealthy in the Middle East, I still would come to the conclusion that they wouldn't scrap their older equipment like T-72s and AK-47s, they would also try to buy as much updated equipment, but would still have older equipment serving on frontlines. Anyways, just look at this year's billions of dollars spending on military equipment for China, and it is said that they are keeping up with their economic increase explosion. I'm starting to wonder if us westerners are quite arrogant with assuming the Chinese are uncapable of such awesome transformation.
True. China is like an ant farm.
Pence is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:26 AM   #9
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Well, seems the people have spoken, but do keep speaking!

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
[T]Terranova7

You guys still forget that China has teh largest population in the world. Their economy still can't compensate for the 1+ billion people living there. If this was a smaller country with a smaller amount of military personal, I would not be suprised if they were able to arm each troop. However China has the largest amount of people in service. In times of War that might start increase as well. Not to mention the Type 81 is just more lethal and probably preferred in certain situations.

Tags
arms, chinese, poll, small