project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #31
mp5punk
Banned

Default Re: CAS insurgency

Ya, theres only 1 map in pr that has a cobra, thats in Muttra and i love the cobra, and only 1 or 2 with apaches thats it.
mp5punk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #32
IAJTHOMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uladh View Post
but its not ment to be balanced...
Of course it is, otherwise they'd give us a tactical nuke and have done with it. Its just that is meant to balance asymetrically, not like for like balancing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IAJTHOMAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #33
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uladh View Post
Kruder, i dont know about you but the reason i like playing insurgents is the fact they are outclassed in weaponary, when i take out that warrior with an rpg or fire a petrol bomb onto it it feels like more of an achievment than killing a hundred insurgents with my sa80, having air support flying about you as an insurgent will just make the experience more intense
There is no air support on insurgency maps. And insurgent weapons are just as accurate, faster to aim, and more powerful than coalition ones. And with a short view distance you are always in range of an AK. RPGs can take out challengers, along with bomb cars (which are often impossible to hit due to hitboxes), Coaxial weapons on vehicles have like 20 MOA, Insurgents can spawn more or less anywhere much faster, and insurgents have mortars (every ten minutes iirc?). In 0.8, US/GB don't have air support or really much of anything that would discourage insurgents from gathering in one place (like artillery the afore mentioned but non-existent Apache). And please don't mention the JDAM. That doesn't count.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #34
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

a single APACHE on an insurgent map can do a RAMPAGE. Keep at 200 of altitude, take out any single armed insurgent you see, blown the cache whit hellfire... realy not balance, but extremly realistic.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #35
Sabre_tooth_tigger

It is alot more equal a fight then it used to be especially the old a10 basra version.

The ak47 is really poor accuracy compared to the other guns, where as the sa80 is especially good. I think the game files would show that
Im glad they get other guns next version, I use sks iron sights and it does well but its really low on rounds

Ive got the challenger a couple times with ied but not destroyed it, its fairly tough. We had an armoured convoy roll down the mosque street yesterday and I had placed 8 ied right down the road. I detonated with lots of smoke, nice effects but killed nothing outright unfortunately.

I guess I should place them close together next time and maybe 2 for the tank

Last time I checked rpg vs tank, it was 8 for front armour and 4 for the rear

I hope molotov next version wont be quite so effective vs armour, just seems a bit ott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Post
a single APACHE on an insurgent map can do a RAMPAGE. Keep at 200 of altitude, take out any single armed insurgent you see, blown the cache whit hellfire... realy not balance, but extremly realistic.
If civ penalty was reduced to 2 or 1 to remove player from combat then yea I'd agree but otherwise it'd be unbalanced as this is a working city the size of Birmingham you cant just send in a gunship to kill everyone indiscriminately

Last edited by Sabre_tooth_tigger; 12-23-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Old 12-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #36
Blakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
ramiel has the ah6
Ramiel also has the blackhawk that when used in a CAS role can be devastating. I had a pilot fly me while I was an engineer on the gun and we would take out any threats moving in on the infantry below us. We were high enough that the technicals had a hard time hitting us and I wiped out any infantry I saw that even looked like they were looking up. Several RPGs took a shot at us but we were such a small target that it mostly just gave away their position.

Do not underestimate the blackhawk in Ramiel, I consider it the Stryker of the sky on that map.
Blakeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #37
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Personally, I think this a good point for PR, not one for Basrah. As mentioned, it's too small, and high density for an A-10/CAS aircraft. An apache might be fun, but Basrah is an old map, and the ingreidents of tanks. APCs etc vs Technicals, bomb cars etc works, so leave as is IMO.

However as seen on bigger maps(Sangin, Feyzabad) there will be A-10s and CAS aircraft, which will work IMO, and anyone complaining about insurgnets getting owned, well I'm sure the DEVs will find a way to balance things

Also we are getting 2 Apaches for Karbala which will be interesting, and I look forward a lot to seeing how that map runs!

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #38
RedAlertSF

Insurgents just need more ZPU-4s.

RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #39
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post

Also we are getting 2 Apaches for Karbala which will be interesting, and I look forward a lot to seeing how that map runs!
Thats what you think.

And thats the reason I hold no hope for future maps.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #40
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

No more Apaches??? ........

Scot is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cas, insurgency