project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #11
McBumLuv

Default Re: Remove Sprinting Bar

Or... to make it really visual, have beads of sweat run down your face

But, as to Daranz, I understand what you're getting at, and personally a sprint setup running on "adrenalin", as in, your surroundings can affect your speed and endurance. I'm sure you'd be running much faster with bullets flying over your head than when going through a serene forest.

Of course that's most likely impossible with BF 2 engine. Other than that, an audio cue would be nice, as long as it's subtle. maybe a visual, but nothing suppressive.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Yeah I'm not 100% on that but I did mean the "regular eclipse pattern" I think a visual and audio effect would be better. Only because right now you could sprint almost all the way and have no effect. My % are off, but just an idea. Maybe drop the blurred vision part. But a redness around the edge would help.

My whole idea is that if you run that far you shouldnt be able to feel (game wise) the same as standing still.

Also I'm saying this as a player stance not a dev.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 12-01-2008 at 10:11 PM..
Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
SectorNine50
Send a message via Skype™ to SectorNine50

I personally think the sprint system as a whole as it stands is quite silly. I don't know anyone who would jog across the street when they are tired as they are being shot at or hear an APC coming.

In my opinion, remove the sprint limiter as a whole, and just do a heart-rate thing like stated before. Instead of stopping you from running, it lowers your accuracy until you calm down. Your accuracy should only be effected when your REALLY tired (ie. when the bar hits 0, just code it so the bullet deviation goes up). This would keep people from sprinting in hostile territory unless they have to, just like in real life.

It's SO obnoxious in it's current state. Why would you stop people from sprinting when they have a little energy left in the bar? Silly way of doing it. They should've just made it so that after a little distance of walking, the bar fills half-way up. This way you don't lose the bottom quarter of your energy for a while because you stopped sprinting.
SectorNine50 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

iirc you can't link accuracy and stamina together, it would have been a match made in heaven, but that is a re suggestion afaik

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #15
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to Chuc

Sector.. its one of those 'if we could, we would' type situations.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #16
Solid Knight

In real life you can generally run further than you think you can even when you think you're at your limit* and in real life somebody who has been endurance training could sprint about 100x longer than what is permitted in PR.

*Unless you break down to the point where you can barely stand up you can keep running.

Anybody do endurance sports here? I find that people who haven't run a marathon grossly underestimate what the body can do.

And really, how long does a round last in PR? Even at three hours you'd have to be one out of shape Marine to be so damn tired that you can't run anymore. And for the SF guys, the guys who can do things like the Iron Man, three hours wouldn't be that much trouble. These guys are trained to be able to perform even while sleep deprived.

Adding a visual indicator for being tired is unrealistic. Your vision is only affected when you're going to pass out from dehydration or something to that extent. When was the last time you couldn't see because you were tired?
Last edited by Solid Knight; 12-01-2008 at 10:56 PM..
Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #17
cptste el_74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
Adding a visual indicator for being tired is unrealistic. Your vision is only affected when you're going to pass out from dehydration or something to that extent. When was the last time you couldn't see because you were tired?
Spot on... and there is already an audio cue that you're "knackered".

Leave it as it is, it works perfectly imo thanks.

Although I do miss the longer sprint times from the last version. Maybe increase the sprint capability back up by 10 seconds or so... if anything.

Cpt-Stee1 in-game.

Glider Pilots do it quietly...
cptste el_74 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #18
Zeppelin35

I think Operation Flashpoint had an amazing sprint system and if it could be implimented in PR it would be great. What happens is that you can run for at least half a kilometer but the longer you ran for the slower you got and you couldn't hold your gun steady. Since the BF2 engine can't be edited to have aiming affected by stamina maybe you could have a system where you had a lot of sprint but as it got lower you could have visual and sound cues that would make it more difficult to fight (Like CodeRedFox suggested).
Zeppelin35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #19
Solid Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin35 View Post
I think Operation Flashpoint had an amazing sprint system and if it could be implimented in PR it would be great. What happens is that you can run for at least half a kilometer but the longer you ran for the slower you got and you couldn't hold your gun steady. Since the BF2 engine can't be edited to have aiming affected by stamina maybe you could have a system where you had a lot of sprint but as it got lower you could have visual and sound cues that would make it more difficult to fight (Like CodeRedFox suggested).
But again, those would be unrealistic. To be perfectly honest the rounds in PR don't last long enough for anybody to get to the point where their tiredness would adversely or even noticeably affect their performance.

Let's get something straight about the BF2 sprint; you have three things that you can change on sprint: speed, duration, and recovery time. That's it.
Last edited by Solid Knight; 12-02-2008 at 12:09 AM..
Old 12-02-2008, 05:11 AM   #20
Valtasar

I say keep sprint bar.
The heart beat system can tell you wery accurately how long can you sprint until you stop.
Its not a problem in OPF or ArmA. Because lack of stamina won't make you stop under enemy fire ir just make you inaccurate.
And most important, IMO, that in PR your sprint distence is very short compare to OPF.

Sorry for my English
Valtasar is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bar, remove, sprinting