project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Deuce6

Default Strykers?

I know i'm a little biased going to combat in one, but it's a GREAT vehicle. It's pretty much a LAV without the turret. There's a remote weapon system with a mounted 50 cal. (I'm sure that won't be included) It can survive RPG shots with the slat armor, but it's still vulnerable to anti-tank weapons like the AT-4 or an MBT. It can carry an entire squad. A crew of 2, and two fireteams. Although i'm sure there won't be a need for the vehicle commander because in the game the driver is usually both.

Opinions?
Deuce6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
Cerberus

Stryker would be nice for US Army maps (if the devs plan to add any)

In fact, I'd love to see the Stryker

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
Happy
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to Happy

It can also be fitted with the mark 19 automatic grenade laucher. Which can be used in both the direct fire mode and the indirect fire mode (almost like a mortar, basically a lob shot).

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
Deuce6

Yea of course, but since we don't have Mark 19's in the game, I just left that out.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
Deuce6

But yea, it doesn't really have an overpowering presence like a tank or a LAV in the game. But it would be great for a different kind of transport. Especially if you need to get your ENTIRE squad to a certain point. And you could have 4 people out of the airgaurd hatches to defend the vehicle.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #6
Cerberus

Sounds awesome. And they'd be wearing the new Army uniforms ^_^

- Abraham Lincoln

- Garabaldi
Old 03-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
Deuce6

ack!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
Cerberus

What's wrong with 'em?

- Abraham Lincoln

- Garabaldi
Old 03-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
Zepheris Casull

would love to see this put into the game although i wonder if AT class should be allowed to ride it. i read some report saying the interior is quite cramped, just about enough room for geared up soldiers but AT weapons would certainly be a challenge to squezze in.
Zepheris Casull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #10
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

I think they would be great. I hate the LV thingy, much prefer the Bradly but i do not mind team vehicle differences. eg. US has 3 tracked vehicles while MECS have 2 = dont care
I think the Styker would be great. Provide more protection that a hunvee, but still have good speed as well as fire power. It is perfect - no one can complain it is too strong, or too powerfull (should be only able to take 2 rocket and have a automatic 50 or something similar + smoke grenades).

If possible it should carry 8. A driver and commander/gunner man and a whole squad. It would be so cool if the doors at the rear really opened and you clambered out! But i realise there might be problems due to the crappy ness of the BF2 engine.
Top_Cat_AxJnAt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
strykers