project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #21
Th3Exiled
Default Re: Changed healing system

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonymous View Post
i dont get the point of the medic having field dressings anymore... They take so darn long to deploy that by the time you've thrown em all out people are already celebrating a new millennium.
I've found them to be useful under certain circumstances, for instance, when a squad mate is wounded and i'm in cover nearby, I'll get him to come to my position, and while he does that I will throw down a couple of field dressings. There are other situations where they can be useful too, you just have to realise when and how you can use your equipment most effectively.
Even if the field dressing did stop the bleeding, medics would still be useful, especially when you get hit after using your dressing and start bleeding again. I personally prefer how it is currently tbh.
BTW, good to see you on the forums 009.

Exiled.
Th3Exiled is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #22
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonymous View Post
i dont get the point of the medic having field dressings anymore... They take so darn long to deploy that by the time you've thrown em all out people are already celebrating a new millennium.
again, don't quote me (I'm lookin' at you Dude ) But iirc the long deploy time on the FD is actually a genuine mistake

but, if you are moving towards a casualty, you can get the FD ready B4 you reach them <- hurrah instant 20% health, which makes the difference.
Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #23
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yeah despit the error, 1 field dressings does keep you alive a lot longer then not using it. You'll die either way but it does give a medic a good few seconds longer to get to you, and yourself a while to get in some decent cover so you don't have to run into the abyss of blackness to be healed which you'd have to do if you have to be revived instead.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #24
Jigsaw

Quote:
Okay so this is an idea which came to me whilst reading the recent threads on RP removal and spawn time changes.

With the current field dressing system, you drop it on the ground and are instantly back up 20% in health. No penalty applicable cos you've just been hit in the shoulder with a 7.62 round, you just slap on a bandaid or 2 and away you go.

Anyone else think this is unrealistic?

So my suggestion is to make the standard issue field dressings work slightly differently, and in a more realistic manner. In RL if you get injured you stick on a plaster/bandage etc depending on how badly you've been hurt and then seek medical attention (especially so in the case of gunshot/shrapnel wounds).

Therefore is it possible to code the field dressing so that when you use it it freezes your health (i.e. stopping the bleeding) for a short period of time (say 3 minutes) after which you start to lose health again. It does not increase your health at all, so you must find a medic to heal you properly.

Example:
  • I get winged by a piece of shrapnel from a grenade, dropping my health from 100 to 60 (initiating a bleed)
  • I put on my field dressing. The bleeding stops, my health is not going down and i am not coughing/blacking out.
  • I must now find a medic to get properly patched up.
  • Bleed effects reinitialise after 1.30
  • My health starts to bleed again if I still have not found a medic after 3 minutes

I think this would be a far more realistic take on a health pack than the standard FPS insta-health that we currently have.

Only thing is whether it can be coded? Thoughts?
Many thanks [R-MOD]Tirak for pointing out this thread seems I missed it when I ran my search before I made my thread

-snip-
If you have a problem with a moderators style, please discuss it with a moderator not with the public.

Now informed discussion on the above topic anyone?

Rhino states its not possible in the exact way I describe. Thoughts on a similar solution appreciated.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Last edited by [R-MOD]Saobh; 04-17-2009 at 01:11 PM..

Tags
changed, healing, system