project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
Imchicken1

Question Map Suggestion for Next Update

I was thinking about a new map that would focus in on Flight and close quarter tank/APC and Infantry fire fights. It would have a 'New York' style skyline. It could be used for almost anygame mode if it's planed proporly. Each side would get an Airfield, and their factions most High speed fighters/bombers. Some buildings could have the Helipad symbol on the roof for Sniper points or Transport chopper spawns. Tanks and APC's would be numorous, and most buildings would have the lower 2 levels access-able.
I personally think this would be amaizingly fun, and have plenty of squad work present.
Imchicken1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #2
akatabrask

Default Re: Map Suggestion for Next Update

Yes, because flying jets between tall skyscraper buildings is a very good idea? And so is having tanks in urban environments (and so is snipers in jet/tank maps)?
Tbh I don't like this idea at all
akatabrask is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:42 AM   #3
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Model some skyscrapers, download the editor, plan it, and make it

That being said, sure it sounds good but in the end its just one [or two] users wish until someone goes and makes it a reality. Go for it!

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Ill pass, you will have more fun base jumping off the buildings then fighting the opposition.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSoucy View Post
Ill pass, you will have more fun base jumping off the buildings then fighting the opposition.
And then you might as well be playing Mirror's Edge.

The problem OP is that there are only like, two tall statics in vBF2, the TV tower and the hotel, and aside from that, youd need all new content, especially for a skyscraper city like you want :\

Though I agree it would be amazing to fight on the around the Yamanote-sen throughout Tokyo while helos and jets pound the ground from in between skyscrapers :P

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto View Post

The problem OP is that there are only like, two tall statics in vBF2, the TV tower and the hotel, and aside from that, youd need all new content, especially for a skyscraper city like you want :\

Though I agree it would be amazing to fight on the around the Yamanote-sen throughout Tokyo while helos and jets pound the ground from in between skyscrapers :P
Transformer jets? :P
bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto View Post

So would the development team be interested in some new map statics? Because next module in school we will be learning 3dsmax. and I imagine that square like buildings are one of the easier things to model. I even reckon that one of our end-assignments will be to model a virtual world. Could just as well be a pr map than right? I know I promised to also make video tutorials but if I can couple my school assignment to this I can help you guys and combine school. So I will have the time to work on them.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cyberzombie new map statics are always welcome and modelling and texturing a simple square like building would be a good place to start. However, be warned at a lot of buildings look very simple but end up requiring more detail than you think to look believable. About the only thing that can be modelled with a simple box is an all glass skyscraper.
Drav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #9
cyberzomby

Thanks for the tip. I agree. A building becomes real with some nice details on it and around it. But I still guess that making a building static is easier than modeling a tank or weapon? I hope we get to learn 3dsmax so I can finaly do something for this mod.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #10
Psyko

because i cant model, i drew loads of sketches of buildings while at work over the summer, emphecising the insides for room clearing. (Resort Hotel, damaged hosiptal, Business block with roof helipad. I even thought with Rhin0's idea for baracuda using the switches on the doors, i could even encorperate an elevator system. But soldiers mostly take the stairs

The architecture of whatever static you decide to make needs to match the rest of the stuff. (chinese temple in new york, then it would be san francisco ^_^ )

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, infantry, map, next update, suggestion, update, urban