project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Fixing the CQB effect for Ironsights/red dots

So alot of people have complained about how even in CQB an iron weapon doesnt have the right advantage over the scoped weapons. so heres my thought. for ironsights and red dots, instead of bring the model to the centre the way it is now, raise it slightly to the right of the screen like in BF1942, and create a blurred inner edge of the sideof the eapon and make a hovering sight aperature in the centre of the screen.

heres what i mean.
Attached Thumbnails
reddottarget.jpg   reddottarget2.jpg  
Last edited by Bringerof_D; 11-07-2008 at 02:11 AM..
Old 11-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
Tirak

Default Re: Fixing the CQB effect for Ironsights/red dots

No, I've gotten used to being able to bring ironsights fully up, and it would bug me to no end if it just went slightly to the side and a magical dot appeared in front of me. Ironsights should be more mobile while zoomed in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:47 AM   #3
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

no the red dot i presented is for the red dot sights the US army has. for irons i'm thinking more of say half of the rear sight and half of the front sight post. actually i'm not really sure how that could work for irons...

anywho it would work fine for red dot sights since that is sort of how things apear to me when i look through one when i play paintball...and no one say "dont compare paintball to a real gun." this has nothing to do with the firearm
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

If anyone played the old delta force games, (Delta Force 2 and earlier) they've got the right idea. When looking through the sights, most of the screen is showing the left eye perspective while on the top right corner of the screen the sight is shown with the sight's rectile and magnification.

Ideally, that is IMO what should be done.

However with the BF2 engine that is not possible. We could apply the VBF2 "shotgun-sight" (is that what you're referring to?) but personally I'd think that'd be too cheesy arcade looking. I don't know if this is possible but if we could make the lod0 (the 1P model) semi transparent when looking down the sights, that'd be an excellent analogy for shooting with both eyes open
PRC_Heavy_Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
Solid Knight

Two eye sighting method? You'd see a dot suddenly appear and an out of focus half-ring.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
Gaven
Send a message via AIM to Gaven Send a message via MSN to Gaven Send a message via Skype™ to Gaven

When doing a quick exchange between targets at close range I use the 2 eye method. But it's only effective at very close range.
Gaven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #7
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaven View Post
When doing a quick exchange between targets at close range I use the 2 eye method. But it's only effective at very close range.
Really? I've shot very successfully at 100m with both eyes open. It is one of the great advantages of collimating sights.

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
Baal

If you use reflex sights correctly with both eyes open, you wont see much of the sights. You only see the red dot.
With Aimpoint I shot 200 m with both eyes open - no problem at all.
Baal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
Solid Knight

I used two-eye sighting for a long time. It's just a really faint and blurry semi-circle and a bright dot or reticule in middle of the air.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
single.shot (nor)

not cool imo... why would u want to do this... i like games with "one-eye first person" sights. i dunno how they use it irl, but all the games ive played, the firdt person sight owns..

if u do this youd have to put up zoom, am i right? that is not what (my heroes) the devs want.

if thid goes through i will be a sad person, and we wouldnt like that now would we.

War is a huge matter for a nation. it's the field of life and death, destruction and survival, and such matters cannot be left unstudied. - Sun Tzu
single.shot (nor) is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cqb, dots, effect, fixing, ironsights or red