project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Cerberus
Default Platoon level and squad level orders...

OK, I enjoy how the commander has the ability to give orders, but right now there are some problems. The commander will usually just give vague "MOVE/ATTACK/DEFEND HERE" orders and it'll be directed at one of the bases.

Is it possible for there to be two different levels of orders: one that the commander gives (platoon level) and then one that the SL gives (squad level), which would much more specific regarding movements and engagement (hold fire, fire on my lead, etc)?

This would allow the squad leader to be more specific with the commander's orders, and as you can see in the pic, his able to tell his squad he wants it to flank the Construction Site.

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Last edited by Cerberus; 03-26-2006 at 09:04 PM..
Old 03-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #2
00SoldierofFortune00

The problem is though, that this game was designed around squad play and they factored in that more then individual play, which is basically anyone not in a squad because of the lack of effective communication.

While I don't think the platoon thing is very good because all the players might get abused by a bad commander and his commands and decrease the number of squads, I do agree with the SL thing. They could use some more commands on the squad level for both the squad leader and commander.
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #3
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

i like this idea, but i doubt its possible to code that. i think it would be great, and would make things easier for commanders. i really like this idea the more i think about it, but it doesnt coincide with AAS because, well you already know what flag you gotta capture.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #4
Ghost33

Nice I would love to see this, I agree that commander orders are good but thye might not see what the squad sees on the ground, so the aditional squad orders would help the squad circumvent certain dangers or find better aveneus of attack to a flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki_Rude_BTYC
i like this idea, but i doubt its possible to code that. i think it would be great, and would make things easier for commanders. i really like this idea the more i think about it, but it doesnt coincide with AAS because, well you already know what flag you gotta capture.
Not so true with the AAS and orders, having a commander designate a defensive team and an attacking team would help tremendously. But they never assign it that way and everyone goes on the attack to get a flag half way and the flag they should have defended goes neutral. The times I have commanded and happened to have more than one squad, I could never persuade any squad to defend a dang flag.

Sgt. Ghost33

Joker: "How can you shoot women and children!?"
Doorgunner: "Easy. You just don't lead 'em so much!"

"Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at."
Ghost33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:29 AM   #5
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

Not so true with the AAS and orders, having a commander designate a defensive team and an attacking team would help tremendously. But they never assign it that way and everyone goes on the attack to get a flag half way and the flag they should have defended goes neutral. The times I have commanded and happened to have more than one squad, I could never persuade any squad to defend a dang flag. [/QUOTE]

then you've never played with me and my friends
anytime i play with my friends on GH, if the other team is actually putting up a good fight we form "attack" and "defense" squad, works like a charm.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
defqon

wy not youse this ATC for Battlefield 2
defqon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
Szarko

Quote:
Originally Posted by defqon
wy not youse this ATC for Battlefield 2
Thats pretty much what people want, just ingame. I believe that setting waypoint would be cool. Like lots of the yellow move lines showing which way we were going to go.
Szarko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
Ghost33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki_Rude_BTYC
then you've never played with me and my friends
anytime i play with my friends on GH, if the other team is actually putting up a good fight we form "attack" and "defense" squad, works like a charm.
Is your in game name the same as your forum name? Mine is, I'll have to find you and get to playin this game properly!

Sgt. Ghost33

Joker: "How can you shoot women and children!?"
Doorgunner: "Easy. You just don't lead 'em so much!"

"Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at."
Ghost33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #9
00SoldierofFortune00

That ATC is exactly what we could use in BF2 and Reality Mod.
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
level, orders, platoon, squad