project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #11
Zeppelin35

Default Re: deviation animation or...

I still think rifles should have an accuracy meter similar to the one the HAT has only not at the centre of the screen.
Zeppelin35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
martov

"I still think rifles should have an accuracy meter similar to the one the HAT has only not at the centre of the screen."

agree
martov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
thebusdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by martov View Post
"I still think rifles should have an accuracy meter similar to the one the HAT has only not at the centre of the screen."

agree
*radio* ... and now recent news from the project reality front: the number of players falling asleep while waiting for the accuracy meter to reach its minimum is growing at an alerting rate .... */radio*
thebusdriver is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #14
markonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by martov View Post

agree
How is that realistic? if anything the HAT one should be removed is just screws with your aim...

Personally i think the whole waiting deal is a bit wierd especially when you adjust your aim by a millimeter and then have to wait 3 days until youre stable again, i mean small adjustments to aim should have no effect on the deviation IMO only big adjustments or position adjustments should.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #15
Zantalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin35 View Post
I still think rifles should have an accuracy meter similar to the one the HAT has only not at the centre of the screen.
If the deviation wants to be this ridicules, it should have a ridicules deviation bar. I agree with this.

Also with the other guy who's talking about deviation due to small movements, it should deviate to only large movements, but if they can't due that, it should at least recover accuracy very quickly so you get full aim after making minor tweaks. It really should get really accurate as soon as you get your sights up, that takes 1 to 2 seconds itself which is a bit of an exaggeration already, but once your sights are up to your eyes, it shouldn't get more accurate just because you wait 6 seconds more, once you zeroed in, you're zeroed in, you can't zero in more than that. Zeroing in only takes a second, unless you're engaging someone with a sniper rifle from a quarter mile away.
Zantalos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #16
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonymous View Post
i mean small adjustments to aim should have no effect on the deviation IMO only big adjustments or position adjustments should.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #17
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

the only reason i agree with a rough deviation bar to tell how accurate you'd be compared to other moments in time because of

A: You can feel when you're remotely steady or not, compared to a video game

B: You could probably comphensate better in real life

C: Cheeeeese is tasty

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
frrankosuave

If deviation is ever tied to an animation (or vice-versa), may I suggest all of our characters be modeled after Barney Fife (Don Knotts) in order to give us a sense of realism in our inability to accurately fire?
frrankosuave is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
animation, deviation