project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
AnRK
Supporting Member

Default Making wrecks more of a pain in the booty

Couldn't think of a better way of phrasing this, was gonna go for "make wrecks more durable", but that sounds a little silly in context if you ask me.

Anyway, on with the context, probably occured to other people that wrecks that are destroyed with a few .50cal rounds aren't exactly realistic, and if you ask me the only thing that should be able to clear wrecks is explosives from whatever source you care to use. The amount of times I've seen a blocked road been cleared with a machine gun is a bit ridiculous, so is there any way of making wreck vehicles a little more hardy? Wrecks don't really add anything to tactical situations like they should, and it'd be cool if a tank destroyed at a chokepoint in a road would actually cause some major tactical problem to hummers/vodnicks/command trucks or anything that can't blow the wreck up.

Did a search, but the closest thing I saw was making wrecks stay on map longer, which is in game (although I'm not sure to what extent, whatever it is it should be longer! ). Can imagine it might be a bitch/impossible to code though, and is likely why it's probably not already in game.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Making wrecks more of a pain in the booty

not a bad suggestion, most likly needs some material tweaks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
AnRK
Supporting Member

The English A word is off-limits then eh? Nevermind.

Yeah not exactly a revelation or anything, wrecks do obviously get in the way a little - for instance a crashed jet does a fair amount of harm, just seems like they could get in the way a bit more then they currently are doing. Would be quite nice if the varying wrecks of varying vehicles had varying amounts of damage you needed to incur to get rid of them too... varying on where you hit them perhaps, and varying on what you hit them with, varying on whether you want to get rid of them at all that is
Old 10-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
ReadMenace

Yes, bailing out of your vehicle and trying to hide behind it should be a viable option. Currently, you might as well stay inside and burn with it.

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
AnRK
Supporting Member

Never thought of that as a possibility, that'd be much better.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Mh... object limit? Lag?

I mean, I'm not against it, just thought it might cause some problems.

(unless they are still self-destructive... which would be quite strange)
[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
Mh... object limit? Lag?

I mean, I'm not against it, just thought it might cause some problems.

(unless they are still self-destructive... which would be quite strange)
wrecks already stay around for long periods of time without blowing up on there own. what this topic is on about is that they are very easy to get rid of where in r/l if a tank wreck is blocking a narrow road in r/l its very hard to get around it. Just think of Operation Market Garden in r/l, the tanks where going down very narrow lanes, first tank in the row got shot, and the wreck blocked the path for ages delaying there reinforcements.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
NickO

Send a message via MSN to NickO

Maybe make the wrecks look better and more "durable" then? Metallic maybe, I have seen burnt out vehicles in real life and they dont look like the wreckages found in PR right now.. They could really make kashan look Alot nicer with some Good Looking wreckages lying around especially if they are going to become a large part of the game(atleast some kind of part).

Most wrecked vehicles hardly change in RL such as tanks which usually just have their tracks taken out etc and keep most of their details unless someone lit them on fire afaik.

You can clearly still see the paint job even though some things might have been moved around.

Helicopter wreckages could become more debree like with scattered parts instead of a blackened box.. Or even just seperate into several pieces and parts such as the rotor blade. I know that certain plane wreckages do separate when destroyed but instead of disappearing it would be possible to after the crash find parts scattered around the area.

Personally the quality of the wreckages have always been a pet peeve for me :/

[GCA]Al-Khidr
When ever you make a post the thread becomes awesome NickO, but that is beside the point.
[GCA]Salah ad Din
NickO, I'll take a plane, fly to Sweden and personally ban you from the Internet.
Last edited by NickO; 10-27-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Old 10-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

ie, what I said on my first reply?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

great!
hx.bjoffe is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
arse, booty, making, pain, wrecks