project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #11
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Default Re: Bunch of suggestions(mostly air related)

Wow, now I think about it number one was pretty obvious.

The pilot of the chopper(must have optics on chopper IRL though) presses C and he gets a view very similar to that of a Tank driver(with the nice grey NVG effect, i suppose).
Presses C, and he returns to cockpit and HUD.

But can those things look right downwards?

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #12
DeltaFart

nah he just looks at his feet, not the floor. There is a window if anyone saw it there that can be used. Not sure if anyone ever cares about it the devs could have left it out and noone would realize

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
Sluismaster1
Send a message via MSN to Sluismaster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
1)1st of all putting a look down view for the choppers,since ALL of the transport choppers both in game and both in RL have glasses to look down,i dont believe that there is anything to discuss about on #1.

2)Give your pilots a visible clue/warning if a missile is fired upon them(f.e the big black X in a red square just like in vanilla BF2),.
If i happen to look back while flying a jet,i almost have no chance to hear the lock on warning in time,because of the monstrous engine sound.I dont think there is anything to debate here too...

3)Dump down the engine volume of both planes and choppers for the pilots flying them.
Most of the players cant hear most of the voip messages while flying.

4) a)tune down the noise made by both aircraft and airplanes globally(for every player),its obvious that NO soldier could have ever heard an a10 taking off or her engines being warmed while standing to next to his hangar 500 kms away.Not to mention the sound bug,where u keep hearing a plane flying,although she was shot down 5 minutes ago.

b)tune down the noise made by all kinds of aircraft in proportion to their altitude.

If u ever watched the youtube videos of LOW flying aircraft or have witnessed one flying over u at low altitude,ull understand this,at least supposed to.The issue is u DONT HEAR them if they aren't very close.That is because the sound waves dont travel freely when they are flying low,since most of them hit the ground and then they are dispersed to different directions,also they are flying around at 0.75,0.50 speed of sound during their attack runs(which can be taken as average speed)

5)Either get rid of binoculars from non pick up kits(exluding AA,AT,LAT,Sniper and marksman kit) whole,or tune down their ability to zoom

Reasons,its really not wise to implement 4x,8x zoom leveled binoculars -like their RL counterparts- to a combat enviroment with 800-900 meters visible range.By implementing these,everybody will see everybody,and no1 has ability to hide,unless behind a hill or insinde a building.We didnt have binocs in 0.6(AFAIR) only officers had them,and that made the game quite interesting,because officers were giving orders according to what they saw and noone else could see what they were seeing.This would represent officers having more training or more information being passed to them during a firefight,and having more control over his squad,since he is able to see things,his soldiers cant see.

6)tune down the zoom ability for scoped rifles(excluding snipers),same argument here,u implement x4 zooms to the scopes like their RL counterparts,while ignoring the fact that IRL we have visibility up to 10s of kms,instead of 850 meters.Also if u tune down the ability to zoom with scoped rifles,u wont have to mess up with deviation to balance that scope zoom,thus less bitching from players.

7)added via edit:Put a delay to drive vehicles, f.e when 1 guy tries to drive away after gunning down an entire squad with his jeep's 0.50 cal,to avoid the remaining LAT guy

Logic being:we have a delay activate everything from proper aiming to taxing an airplane from firing a 0.50 cal to set up a HAT.However we dont have the delay for drivers.Dunno put 1-2 sec delay before throttler is activated.

Hope u read it and give feedback
the delay on cars and stuff like that sounds good but dont remove the binoculars for every class, maybe for the ones with a scoped weapon but not for the ones with iron sight cos then they have no idea what is going on in the battle
Sluismaster1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #14
Kruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Exiled View Post
Completely disagree with your statement about binoculars and scopes.
Well,there is nothing NOTHING u can miss with binocs in PR,its like every soldier having x100 binocular IRL,besides your officer and some kits would still have them,so ull obey their orders not only for teamplay.purposes,but also for your survival.In PR with these binocs there is no way to hide.Also IRL u are not limited to an avatar capable of doing a few things, soldiers an insurgents do this thing called camouflage or concealment.For example hiding in bushes and firing w/o being easily spotted,or shooting from a dark room.IN pr due to limited engine capacities and u cant hide in bushes because there is no bush/grass rendered after 50 meters also.So this will at least your capability to see everything in your visible range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlapperklange View Post
No. In real-life its very hard to detect a IR-missile fired upon you. And there is no lock-on that can be detected! You just can spot the missile with your eyes or detect it with IR-sensors (max. range 3-5 km) after they are fired (they can just detect the bright exhaust flames).

Thats difficult, because in PR the maps are much smaller than 500 km. The A-10 is always near.
a)I am only suggesting giving back the black X displaying at the same time when u hear the lock on tone.Logic is when u check six flying a jet,u can hardly hear anything,including your own voice,at these times if u are locked u wont be able to hear the warning tone,same applies for speaking or listening some1 on VOIP during a lock on.U dont wanna miss these i believe..

b)But for instance in Kashan both airfields infact represent some great distance to which u'll agree.But u can hear the enemy jet warming up while you are at your base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
Wow, now I think about it number one was pretty obvious.

The pilot of the chopper(must have optics on chopper IRL though) presses C and he gets a view very similar to that of a Tank driver(with the nice grey NVG effect, i suppose).
Presses C, and he returns to cockpit and HUD.

But can those things look right downwards?

...mongol...
Actually what i was suggesting=simple look down,like we have for left/right/up(7 8 9 keys)
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
mat552

AFAIK you would only be able to get a warning for the AMRAAM and its buddies, because those rely on radar. The shorter range IR missiles don't put out any active guidance at all, and are merely fallowing your massive infrared signature coming from your jet engines. I cannot recall if fighters have equipment that can look for the missile's IR signature, but that would be the only way for it to spot the smaller buggers.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

Any gamemode in which one team is guaranteed victory by not spawning is a bad gamemode, fix Insurgency.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #16
xanderburton

Quote:

3)Dump down the engine volume of both planes and choppers for the pilots flying them.
Most of the players cant hear most of the voip messages while flying.

4) a)tune down the noise made by both aircraft and airplanes globally(for every player),its obvious that NO soldier could have ever heard an a10 taking off or her engines being warmed while standing to next to his hangar 500 kms away.Not to mention the sound bug,where u keep hearing a plane flying,although she was shot down 5 minutes ago.

b)tune down the noise made by all kinds of aircraft in proportion to their altitude.

If u ever watched the youtube videos of LOW flying aircraft or have witnessed one flying over u at low altitude,ull understand this,at least supposed to.The issue is u DONT HEAR them if they aren't very close.That is because the sound waves dont travel freely when they are flying low,since most of them hit the ground and then they are dispersed to different directions,also they are flying around at 0.75,0.50 speed of sound during their attack runs(which can be taken as average speed)
Well I live at one of the largest air bases I think in Florida, but we have A-10's, F-15's, and F-16's usually flying around (mostly a medium/high altitude) and well you can hear them mostly I think a mile away. And that's at low speed they aren't allowed to go over the speed of sound(because of property damage) And the reason you can't hear them on you tube is well maybe cameras can't handle the noise idk but yeah....
xanderburton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #17
Snowno

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
AFAIK you would only be able to get a warning for the AMRAAM and its buddies, because those rely on radar. The shorter range IR missiles don't put out any active guidance at all, and are merely fallowing your massive infrared signature coming from your jet engines. I cannot recall if fighters have equipment that can look for the missile's IR signature, but that would be the only way for it to spot the smaller buggers.
It ain't possible to differ between the radar guided and the IR with the BF2 engine, every lock is just a heat box.

But yeah, it does not have to be super-realistic because you will just about never ever be able to see the missile trace coming out of nowhere in PR.

I agree on getting the big red missile lock warning box back in PR just to really make you get the "MASH FLARE BUTTON" in your head.

Snowno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #18
Psyko

Quote:
1)1st of all putting a look down view for the choppers,since ALL of the transport choppers both in game and both in RL have glasses to look down,i dont believe that there is anything to discuss about on #1.
Attack choppers dont have glass floors ,but afaik they have video feeds that show the gunner's view. You can see that they have a big telescopic camera for firing long range. But a secondary view for the pilot showing a 60degree termal view would be very usefull and can come relatively close to realism imo.

Quote:
AFAIK this is mostly down to your sound card. I think PR/BF2 is programmed for generic/common sound cards, and any other ones have different effects.

Quote:
I think this is possible, i remember tests to get the rifles long distance shot volume correct. maybe it works for vehicles. Its really down to whoever wants to take on the workload, because its a lot of fiddling about with iddy-biddy numbers :P
Quote:
5)Either get rid of binoculars from non pick up kits(exluding AA,AT,LAT,Sniper and marksman kit) whole,or tune down their ability to zoom

Reasons,its really not wise to implement 4x,8x zoom leveled binoculars -like their RL counterparts- to a combat enviroment with 800-900 meters visible range.By implementing these,everybody will see everybody,and no1 has ability to hide,unless behind a hill or insinde a building.We didnt have binocs in 0.6(AFAIR) only officers had them,and that made the game quite interesting,because officers were giving orders according to what they saw and noone else could see what they were seeing.This would represent officers having more training or more information being passed to them during a firefight,and having more control over his squad,since he is able to see things,his soldiers cant see.

6)tune down the zoom ability for scoped rifles(excluding snipers),same argument here,u implement x4 zooms to the scopes like their RL counterparts,while ignoring the fact that IRL we have visibility up to 10s of kms,instead of 850 meters.Also if u tune down the ability to zoom with scoped rifles,u wont have to mess up with deviation to balance that scope zoom,thus less bitching from players.
I see the logic in what your saying. The visual distance should represent the ratio or proportion to that of which the level is simulating. but the thing is, we have a criss-cross now. Some maps are life sized, and some are extremitised. Kashan represents a long rang battle over a great distance, where is al basrah, korengal and pretty much anything that is mapped directly off using a google earth map image to paint it. See what i mean? You couldnt say the weapon range visual/ballistics are such-n-such for kashan and there another way for korengal. It just wouldnt work...for rifles. but maybe it would work for binos, it would take a bit of testing to say the least. The game needs to make subtle changes or people will end up squeeling like pigs.

Quote:
7)added via edit:Put a delay to drive vehicles, f.e when 1 guy tries to drive away after gunning down an entire squad with his jeep's 0.50 cal,to avoid the remaining LAT guy

Logic being:we have a delay activate everything from proper aiming to taxing an airplane from firing a 0.50 cal to set up a HAT.However we dont have the delay for drivers.Dunno put 1-2 sec delay before throttler is activated.
This has been suggested before, and on nearly every occasion the person that suggests it gets flamed. Mainly, people say, "what if the driver of your APC or Tank Disconnects???" or somthing like that. Personally i think its a silly excuse and i imagine the DEVs have a better reason. I can see why, you hop in your car in the morning, put in the key, and away you go. the delay couldnt realistically be more than a couple of seconds. But yet again heres another problem with that. You get in your vehicle and away you go. But you hop in a fiddy, and hop back, you need to simulate this metaphorical Rambo climbing through the cab to the gun, or getting out and getting back in which takes a few seconds, and thats allready there by adding the warmup time on the gun. this has allready been thought out and is at a high standard of realism.

good suggestion post

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
air, bunch, related, suggestionsmostly