project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #11
vilhelm123

Default Re: [Suggestion] Cap flags for support

I like the idea of rewards being given to a team when a flag is capped, gives a real incentive for both attackers and defenders to do their jobs well and keeps teamplay alive. I don't like having these flags on insurgency maps however, they cause a large number of players on both sides of get caught up in a mini AAS mode within the game. I've ended up leaving a number of squads that all frantically tried and tried again to capture lanigal and ignored the whole point of the gamemode for the sake of a littlebird and styker essentially.

Lots of love
Vilhelm xx
vilhelm123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #12
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilhelm123 View Post
I've ended up leaving a number of squads that all frantically tried and tried again to capture lanigal and ignored the whole point of the gamemode for the sake of a littlebird and styker essentially.
Thats being fixed

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
vilhelm123

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
Thats being fixed

Yet more proof of that the Dev's are awesome

Lots of love
Vilhelm xx
vilhelm123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #14
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
Such as on Barracuda, if the "airstrip" flag or one of the flags near it are in play, the hueys could (perhaps more slowly than a pad on the Essex) reload, repair and rearm on the airstrip, as if they have fortified the airstrip with supplies after it was secured, and now the hueys can get emergency repair, some flares for the trip home, or just some temporary protection while he figures out what to do next.
Hey! great idea!

or at least a place where the Hummers can reload their 50s!

The base 'supplies' on the same map has ammo downstairs, more things like that would be a good idea also.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:49 AM   #15
evya
Supporting Member

like the idea but only if the CPs provide light vehicles and/or trucks+maybe some reload and repair places...
evya is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:43 AM   #16
cyberzomby

yea one of the first outposts used as a supply base is something I would be very interested in. Or maybe the second flag.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #17
stoobywon

I think that when US takes docks on Muttrah that they should get 2-3 humvees to help them move onto north.
stoobywon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoobywon View Post
I think that when US takes docks on Muttrah that they should get 2-3 humvees to help them move onto north.
While not an entirely bad idea at all, what would be the 'cause' of these magic humvees? Not to mention that firebases can give you these humvees and APCs can be taken from the carrier (albeit that they can't reload without going into the MEC main).

The more logical these bonuses to cap, the better.

After reading Rudd's post, that's another good idea; perhaps, after capturing bunker(s?) on Kashan, vehicles could slowly load ammo inside the small 'garage'-esque area. It wouldn't be efficient enough to load armor quickly at all, but in emergencies it could be used... and light vehicles could enjoy the ammo crates they can sack for the gunner.

Things like this could add a very interesting new 'supply line' concept, requiring certain flags to be capped or maintained to keep things moving.

Perhaps some of these additions would also be best off if they would start a minute or so after the flag is capped, so that you can't just trade the flag off if you want the supplies.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
Thats being fixed
Yeah by making it uncaptureable by Ins once captured by US meaning there's going to be loads of dumb Insurgents sitting on the flag wondering why they can't capture it when they should be defending the caches.

Which brings me to: is it possible to capture a CP not marked on the minimap?
People with Bf2 mapping knowledge will know what I'm talking about.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cap, flags, suggestion, support