project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #21
[MoL]jaVi
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to [MoL]jaVi Send a message via AIM to [MoL]jaVi Send a message via MSN to [MoL]jaVi Send a message via Yahoo to [MoL]jaVi Send a message via Skype™ to [MoL]jaVi
Default Re: Engineer Damaging Enemy Vehicles with Wrench

Sounds great for me too with unmanned vehicles, BUT: Don't let the vehicles get destroyed if possible. OWN/FRIENDLY engineer should have the chance to fix it back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"...and the dark gave way for those who brought the light!"
[MoL]jaVi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #22
Blakeman

We were always instructed to use whatever means necessary to disable enemy unmanned vehicles or if in a bad situation, disable our own so the enemy could not use them against us by at the very least throwing sand/dirt/rocks in the fuel tank.

Its not hard to disable a vehicle, but can be a major exercise to get it up and running again within the time limits of a PR round.

Perhaps a torch that has to be lit in a long animation (2 to 3 times longer than the SAW reload) with the torch going out if any major movement is done. (no running with a lit torch) This would make it hard if not impossible to disable a vehicle that is crewed, unless said vehicles crew isnt paying attention and remaining still (tanks in kashan on the hills, etc).
Blakeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 PM   #23
WildBill1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeman View Post
We were always instructed to use whatever means necessary to disable enemy unmanned vehicles or if in a bad situation, disable our own so the enemy could not use them against us by at the very least throwing sand/dirt/rocks in the fuel tank.

Its not hard to disable a vehicle, but can be a major exercise to get it up and running again within the time limits of a PR round.

Perhaps a torch that has to be lit in a long animation (2 to 3 times longer than the SAW reload) with the torch going out if any major movement is done. (no running with a lit torch) This would make it hard if not impossible to disable a vehicle that is crewed, unless said vehicles crew isnt paying attention and remaining still (tanks in kashan on the hills, etc).

i like the idea of a torch, but instead of making a long animation, you could just make a warning go off inside of a vehicle when it's being sabataged. that way, sabatage would only be effective against unattended vehicles.
WildBill1337 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #24
Tirak

We've been told you can't code the disable effects to happen when you want them, so I don't know if the disable portion is possible. I'm still undecided on this idea, I keep getting flashbacks to the day I found out the Power Tool in Bad Company was faster at taking out enemy tanks than the RPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #25
Solid Knight

Just put a mine under the vehicle then re-supply. I've done it many times. The benefit of the mine is that you get to take out at least one enemy and the vehicle at the same time.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #26
random pants

Wrenching enemy vehicles is a no-go.

Engineers uselessness (which is a problem) is fixed if they get SLAMS or some sort of timer detonated explosive.

Preferably a more-powerful SLAM variant, and they only get 1 or 2, 60-120 second timer.
random pants is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #27
hexhunter

Engineers could get tools like wire cutters, I know that sometimes knife scabbards have them in, and others could get multi-tools, but can you have a handheld weapon which damages vehicles but not infantry?

Also, I don't think engineers should be able to take out all vehicles with that ease, only unarmoured ones like Humvee's and trucks should be sabotagable, and maybe open helicopters. Only SO class should be entering main bases to sabotage heavy vehicles...

Also, wirecutters could be used in EOD, barbed wire removal and making FOs inoperable.

- Deus X Machina
hexhunter is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
damaging, enemy, engineer, vehicles, wrench