project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525
Default Armed Supply truck.

Hey guyz, ever think those Command-Truck where sadly undefended ? I may be got a solution. I dont find any picture of the current truck we got in game whit a .50 cal MG, but i know i'm not crazy and Army did use them.

If you can add them on the roof of the passenger seat, so it will be able to defend the truck.

And an other Little suggest, can R-Dev add some armor plate on the side of the truck ? anyone who ever play M.G.S.4 known what i mean, they put 2 steel plate on the side of the truck to protect soldier inside. And if soldier can be able to shoot out of the vehicle instead of looking at each other...

anyway, P.R. still an awesome mod even if i dont got my suggest add =D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
DeltaFart

Default Re: Armed Supply truck.

will agree these need more defense then they have now. But if we arm them and allow soldiers o shoot out I fear it will be like a squad on speed, moving at high speed across the desert blasting away at anything that moves. Then you'll have the issue of quick moving HAT, which is unreasonable to the extreme. Its why soldiers aren't allowed to shoot out of HMMWVs ala BHD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

i just fund a picture of M35 whit M2HB =D

link : http://www.mtaofnj.org/members_vehic...oroAirShow.jpg

Old 10-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
EOD_Security-2252

I totally agree. Is the guy who was making the MTVR (USMC's realisitc suuport truck) still around because someone should tell him? I don't think anyone's posted on that thread in a while though.

Informally retired modder - Projects:
,PSC Faction
Old 10-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
DeltaFart

Guys think about this the Supply Truck could essentialy be dragged from the bottom of the food chain to the top if this happens. The reason you can't shoot out of the HMMWVs is that whose ever heard of shooting an SRAW out of a closed vehicle? The spam potential is too much to allow that. Think of it, you get however many HATs and LATs you can in a agame and you fill up the bed of the truck with them and now you have an AC130 on wheels!!! Imagine this, being able to take out any and all armored vehicles that you see from the back of a speeding truck!

Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
gclark03

Sure, it's possible to do that, but it's also possible to cover the truck and disable weapons in the bed.

I think it's a sorry excuse to keep the supply truck unarmed.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
DeltaFart

IM not against having a 50 cal on the truck but the enabled weapons in back Im totally against

Old 10-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
Conman51

supply trucks are for building..not for front line troop trans...i dont really agree w/ this because ppl will just use it like a humvee..which its not used for...if you get attakced...stop...get out...and use your gun

the only way i would support this is for marines vs MEC maps b/c the LAV is weaker than teh BTR...so it would be like a litle asymetric balance thing

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
EOD_Security-2252

Yeah, I never really understood being able to use your gun with in the back of the support truck. 50+% of the time you're pointing your gun at the guy across from you (ie. does not happen in real life, or shouldn't)

Informally retired modder - Projects:
,PSC Faction
Old 10-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
Celestial1

Isn't there a way to make it so that rocket munitions are unstable all the time in a vehicle (the shakey-spasm animation) and/or make it so that the vehicle would explode on use.

Viola, all other weapons (rifles, grenades, etc etc) are now viable for use while rockets will be useless and kill everyone.
Closed Thread

Tags
armed, supply, truck