project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #11
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

i think the APCs are fine the way they are, i dont know what your talking about, all those vehicles serve different purposes. i say keep the wheeled ones but have a variety of vehicles for different maps/terrains. you can have light armoured fast wheeled ones and medium armoured slow ones.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #12
Eddie Baker
Banned

I can tell you now getting rid of the LAV-25 and BTR completely is not going to happen; they will be altered to make them more realistic. They may be on different maps, but that's it.

Tracked APCs and IFVs will be added later.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:45 PM   #13
six7

Send a message via MSN to six7 Send a message via Skype™ to six7

This is pasted from the general discussions board.
Quote:
More variations on apcs would be nice. a light class of apc could be faster and aimed more for transport and anti infantry work (lav 25 & btr 90) while the heavy apcs could be more heavily armed with anti tank compatability and more ammunition (bradly & bmp) the bradly and bmp are both much more widly used than the lav anyway...
six7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:36 PM   #14
Eddie Baker
Banned

The Bradley, however, is not used by the US Marine Corps, which is in-game at the moment. Like I said, it is not going to be removed.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #15
Eagle

I personally love the Bradley M2, I even have a model of it, and the LAV's are quite annoying in vanilla. Perhaps we should incorporate a larger spread of IFV's instead of just LAVs. Also, I thought that it would be cool if the driver could open the back doors as a sort of mobile cover for the troops inside.

Eagle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:57 PM   #16
Happy
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to Happy

All it would take for the Bradley(already ingame) to become the IFV Bradley would be to change the missles from AA to TOW. Of course this is all my speculation so if I am wrong I wouldn't be suprised.

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #17
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
I personally love the Bradley M2, I even have a model of it, and the LAV's are quite annoying in vanilla. Perhaps we should incorporate a larger spread of IFV's instead of just LAVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Eddie Baker
Tracked APCs and IFVs will be added later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Also, I thought that it would be cool if the driver could open the back doors as a sort of mobile cover for the troops inside.
One of the things we would like to implement with the larger APCs/IFVs is a "seatless" passenger compartment with a ramp controlled by one of the crew positions. For a vehicle as huge as the AAVP7A1 this may be feasible, but the Bradley is a tight squeeze, and we may just be better off trying to increase the passenger positions for it.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
Pence
Banned

I know that tracked IFV's are comeing later..

Quote:
you can have light armoured fast wheeled ones and medium armoured slow ones.
Take the TOW off of the APC's please! Make the infantry inside fight the Armour when they disenbark, also the cannon should not damage a tank at all.

Fast APC's in BF2 should be called bumpercars.
Pence is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:27 PM   #19
Infantrigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pence
I know that tracked IFV's are comeing later..
Take the TOW off of the APC's please! Make the infantry inside fight the Armour when they disenbark, also the cannon should not damage a tank at all.
Fast APC's in BF2 should be called bumpercars.
Then it would just be a heavy armoured Hummer or Vodnik. I quite like the APC like they are.
Infantrigel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #20
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pence
For the LAV-25, we will, since it is unrealistic. However, the BTR-90 does have an ATGM launcher mounted on the roof. LAV-25 does not have firing ports for embarked infantry, but the BTR-90 does. As for the auto-cannons not being able to damage a tank, that is not true, either, especially in the case of the BTR-90. The 2A42 30mm cannon fires rounds slightly smaller (30 x 164mm) than those used by the GAU-8 Avenger found in the A-10 (30 x 173mm). Just to note, this family of ammunition is used in the GsH-30 series aircraft cannons mounted in the MiG-29, Su-27 and Su-25 and the anti-aircraft cannons mounted in the 2S6 Tunguska.

Tags
apc, exsisting, rid