project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Rollonio
Default Engineers get SLAM or wrench destroys enemy structures

Since the engineers swapped C4 for trip mines it has gotten very difficult to remove enemy firebases and their secondary structures.

I know that you can knife the radio to reduce a firebase to its unconstructed state but unless you have an APC or the rare spec ops kit, it is very difficult to get rid of the unconstructed firebase, or other structures like the AA or 50-cals, especially if they are up on buildings.

I know that unconstructed firebases disappear after some time but i'd rather like to be able to destroy them once and for all, instead of guarding them against new shovelers.

My suggestion is giving engineers a single SLAM charge or allowing enemy structures (unconstructed firebases/50 cal/wire/AA) to be disassembled by the engineer wrench.
Rollonio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot
Default Re: Engineers get SLAM or wrench destroys enemy structures

I agree with the suggestion, but no need for double post So I suggest a MOD closes the other one and we concentrate on this one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

There not given C4 or SLAMS in real life. The Army has demo teams for that. there role is to repair and build, not destroy. And it has been suggested before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSoucy View Post
There not given C4 or SLAMS in real life. The Army has demo teams for that. there role is to repair and build, not destroy. And it has been suggested before.
The Royal Engineers are given plenty of dems kit on operations in case they need it. So can the Devs please give the Brits lots of C4 and screw everyone else!!!

strima is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
The combat engineers are the demolition teams, Soucy. They don't just build bridges, they blow them up. And they breach obstacles by blowing them up.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
hexhunter

Give them proper SLAMs, I don't know if BAF use SLAMs, but in real life SLAMs work as both small mines and demo charges. Also they could have multitools for cutting barbed wire and other maybe more useful things.

Also, is it realistic for engineers to have breaching shotguns? Should a separate limited class get those?

- Deus X Machina
hexhunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhunter View Post
Give them proper SLAMs, I don't know if BAF use SLAMs, but in real life SLAMs work as both small mines and demo charges. Also they could have multitools for cutting barbed wire and other maybe more useful things.

Also, is it realistic for engineers to have breaching shotguns? Should a separate limited class get those?
No, the SLAM is a US only munition; it's basically a placeholder for every other faction. US combat engineers are trained in dynamic entry prior to deployments, which includes ballistic breaching techniques.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
waldo_ii

I would like to see either the engineer getting at least one SLAM, or the ability to un-wrench enemy vehicles and AA and deployable .50s and such.

Suppose you come across an abandoned enemy Nanjing in the field. The squad engineer takes his wrench and damages the Nanjing enough that it gets a flat tire. Or for an abandoned APC, the engineer takes his wrench and tracks it. Or he comes across a enemy AA from an old firebase, he destroys it. Same for the deployable .50s.
waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #9
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

^^ Place a mine in front of it and hope to god they dont check it and drive it in that direction
Airsoft Soldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
EOD_Security-2252

Quote:
I'll respect you 98% of the time Lt, but this time you're just plain wrong. Engineers do destroy stuff with explosives. Modern engineers use different explosives for different situations. Now, I'll agree that Engineers shouldn't get SLAMs, but Engineers should get explosives. Should their explosives be the remote detonated C4 that the SF get? No, it should be a C4 that uses a time delay fuse and must actually be placed/set up, and not just thrown like the SF c4.
I've discussed this before in Tartantyco's feedback thread about how he (and others) were disconted with the 0.8 engineer.

Informally retired modder - Projects:
,PSC Faction
EOD_Security-2252 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
destroys, enemy, engineers, slam, structures, wrench