project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Increase the crew for the Black Hawk / UH-60

As we know, the black hawk holds way more ppl than just 6. I think it holds arround dobal that ammount but the Devs here will know for sure.

I think we would all like to see the black hawk hold much more crew and make it more realistic but then again, we could have 6 engineers with spanners sitting in the back repairing it.....

As the coders here know, its not hard to add passangers to a object but i aint 100% sure if 6 is the limmit or if it can take more. I would imagine that it would be posssibal to go over 6.

This is not a very hard thing to do as long as you dont run into any probs with a limmit of 6 ppl max, but if there is no limmit then it would be incredibaly easy to do and you could probaly do this in under 1hr tops.

What do you guys think about this and also dose any 1 have the excat specs for how manny ppl the blackhawk can take?

I found here that it can take a crew of three and can lift an entire 11-man fully-equipped infantry squad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
Zantetsuken

good point

also, since the primary US force is the Marine Corp, maybe some of the maps with carriers in em (specificially anyway) should have the CH-53 "Sea Stallion" (or the "Pavelow" variant), its Marine equipment anyway, and we all know EA in all their brainyness put in tons of crap that the forces would never have. The wikipedia article claims IRL it has a crew of 4 and can carry 37 troops (or 24 stretchers) - obviously it wouldnt carry nearly this many ingame (the whole team on a 64 man server!).

I am Zantetsuken the steel bladed sword
My Slashdot sig: "I'll switch back to IE when MS makes Windows open-source"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. AMEN
-motto of the Hellsing family in the anime "Hellsing"
Zantetsuken is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

Problem with in creasing the capacity of the blackhawk is that no one would want to be in it. As of now, blackhawks are usually filled with 3 people, pilot/gunner/gunner as being a passenger is too much of a liability with the APC's and tanks rolling around, not to mention the ground AA and AT fire.
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:47 AM   #4
Bazooka_Boy_EWG

I don't know what the limits of the game engine would be but it truely realistic may be to much for this game. It would be good if the BH could hold 9, say 1 pilot & 2 gunners plus a squad (6) this would give a good balance between realism and achivability.

Baz
Bazooka_Boy_EWG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #5
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_Boy_EWG
I don't know what the limits of the game engine would be but it truely realistic may be to much for this game. It would be good if the BH could hold 9, say 1 pilot & 2 gunners plus a squad (6) this would give a good balance between realism and achivability.

Baz
I agree. It seems like a good balance. Plus, A cunning pilot shouldn't have to worry about tanks and such...

Wraith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Katarn
Problem with in creasing the capacity of the blackhawk is that no one would want to be in it. As of now, blackhawks are usually filled with 3 people, pilot/gunner/gunner as being a passenger is too much of a liability with the APC's and tanks rolling around, not to mention the ground AA and AT fire.
Well from what i can see in BF2, no 1 wants to be a passnger. In PRMM APCs and choppers are used in the right way, for transport. This is what i want to see, a chopper setting down troops outside a point so they can run in then have a exstraction after. With the APC me and my clan have manny times, just piled the whole squad inside, gone to a point and then when we are close they all hop out move in with the APC porviding cover.

Its all about teamwork, more ppl in the chopper, only can mean more teamwork

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #7
Pence
Banned

The Black hawk can carry up to 20 lightly-equipped troops. However, the normal combat load is a three man crew and 11 fully-equipped infantrymen.

I say a crew of three and six spaces would be good if we can get 8 man squads into it (if beta's ideas; http://realitymod.com/forum/t3748-cl...n-lengthy.html are implemented the chopper pilot will stay in the copter and wait for the men to be extracted.
Pence is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #8
Bazooka_Boy_EWG

yeah I think the crew should stay in and an infantry squad (however big that may be but I'm not sure if they can increase this from 6) should be getting in and out
Bazooka_Boy_EWG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #9
SiN|ScarFace

How many fit in it now? Atleast 6 people not including the pilot should be able to get in it.

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #10
Braddock096

Choppers just get blown out of the sky with the 1.2 patch. Not much incentive for full squad helo insertion when you get pwnd 9/10 times.
Braddock096 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
black, crew, hawk, increase, uh60