project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
lonelyjew

Default Dust kickup

One aspect of combat missed in vBF2 and here is the amount of dust kicked up by weapons as they hit the dirt and walls around people. This is somewhat subtle, but the dust that is picked up after heavy fire from the miniguns of the BH or a missle massive. So much so that it would creat a smoke screan. Maybe for sustained heavy fire or from a rocket a "smoke grenade" effect could be added(with smaller amounts dust colored "smoke" that settled faster then a smoke grenades smoke).

Here's a video that shows this well, and on top of that it's a sweet video of cobra's in action. It's a bit long, especially the start so I would start it a minute or two into it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...926&q=overheat
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

The dust effects have been edited in PRMM, also that video is of someone getting their processor to overheat... good smoke effects though?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
lonelyjew

Really? I must have overlooked it because I never did look for it before. I can't look for it now because my processor did burn out while playing prmm . I did think that the dust causing the game to chug might be a problem, but I still had hope that it could be possible.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

If you compare it to Vanilla the bullet impacts dust plume(i guess you'd call it?) is larger and hangs in the air longer.

Sorry to hear about your processor, I'm having some PC trouble too and its a pain in the ass even though it isn't as vital as the processor (damn DVD-RW drive is shot and won't open).

(Psst, might want to change the link to the video. While the smoke from the processor there would be a cool effect, it doesn't get your point about the cobra across very well.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
Happy
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to Happy

I think he means this video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...776156&q=cobra

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
lonelyjew

Ha! thanks bong, that is the video I meant. I put that video on another thread and must have forgot to recopy/paste the cobra vid.

Also, as long as this thread is going nowhere, you guys can lock it if you wish.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 AM   #7
MonkeyNutz

Glad you mentioned it Lone. I've been thinking about the same thing, Dice missed a very good opportunity to reveal sniper positions, well the M95 at least.

I've seen so army movies of it been fired in the desert and boy does it kick up some dust.

Even excluding weapons if you've ever seen the amount of dust a vehicle kicks up on a dusty terrain it's insane and unsatisfyingly conservative in PRMM
MonkeyNutz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dust, kickup