project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 AM   #31
Chanvlan

Default Re: Remove the Vulcan and MEC AAA from Kashan.

can we not take them out of the game just move them like on KASHAN on both sides move them to the hill tops cause in real life they would be there and that way they are more effective, iff on the hilltops put them there but make them repairable and add sandbags around them. also make a bunker system in the hilltops it'd be awsome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mod DB's Modcast: Guy: So what new things will be in Future PR releases.
Katarn: Fastropes, yeh fast ropes, and you can shoot while your on the ropes.
Chanvlan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:06 AM   #32
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

if there're teamkillers on a server, report them on their forums, thats all you have to do.
Swe_Olsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 AM   #33
markonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanvlan View Post
can we not take them out of the game just move them like on KASHAN on both sides move them to the hill tops cause in real life they would be there and that way they are more effective, iff on the hilltops put them there but make them repairable and add sandbags around them. also make a bunker system in the hilltops it'd be awsome.
you mean to add one more thing that can kill helicopters around kashan cus its not enough with the AA cannons, AA missiles, tanks, APCs, jeeps, handguns, Manpads and other helicopters? sorry but thats not a good idea at all.

to the original question the vulcan and quadgun is used to TK 5x more then to actually kill enemies and its an easy fix to remove them and wouldn't hurt gameplay in any way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:30 AM   #34
Khamul22

I think Chavlan made another post to explain his idea in detail ,
and I agree with him.
On topic , I think they shouldnt be removed , but placed at locations on
the exterior , or erm...on top of the walls?A bit of disabling their
ability to go TK crazy and destroy everything on the ground.

Let the victor be justice.
Khamul22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #35
AnRK
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
Wow.. Do you have a grudge?
You seen any of the posts I'm referring to? Either way they aren't exactly polite or helpful, and definitely don't comply with forum rules sometimes. One time I wasn't aware that you can now get a missile lock on a littlebird, and got some retarded patronising "OMG n00b" smacktalk off him for missing this detail. Seen this kinda reply to alot of other peoples posts.

Anyway;

People keep ignoring the point that the things are used to TK more then anything else AND that there are like 3 stinger/MEC equivalent missile launchers in the main bases, might even be 4 I can't remember. So there's plenty of much better protection without them being there anyway.

Also like I said before, a couple of guys been TKed with an assault rifle, don't ruin the round to anywhere near the extent of a couple of destroyed jets with a vulcan cannon.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:12 AM   #36
Flanker15
Supporting Member

Yes I thought about moving them, so they don't have line of sight to the heliports and aeroplane re-arm spot. Or maybe just away from the aircraft spawn area would be enough, the main Tk offenders are people wanting the aircraft so when they don't get it they can't just run straight to the aa and kill you.

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!

Flanker15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #37
echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fludblud View Post
personally i love the cannons and i have managed to kill a plane with them.

however, the now deployable stingers completely ruin maps like zatar when the MEC can now lock onto hueys sitting on the carrier and destroy them at will, making a US victory near impossible these days
The last time I played Zatar on the US team (TWICE), the US won, if you have cohesive team which will cooperate and not wait around on the carrier, then you will win. - Due to the counter attack mode being first, in the US' favour.

echo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #38
echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnRK View Post
You seen any of the posts I'm referring to? Either way they aren't exactly polite or helpful, and definitely don't comply with forum rules sometimes. One time I wasn't aware that you can now get a missile lock on a littlebird, and got some retarded patronising "OMG n00b" smacktalk off him for missing this detail. Seen this kinda reply to alot of other peoples posts.

Anyway;

People keep ignoring the point that the things are used to TK more then anything else AND that there are like 3 stinger/MEC equivalent missile launchers in the main bases, might even be 4 I can't remember. So there's plenty of much better protection without them being there anyway.

Also like I said before, a couple of guys been TKed with an assault rifle, don't ruin the round to anywhere near the extent of a couple of destroyed jets with a vulcan cannon.
Sure they are used to TK however so are C4's and heavy ats... while we are at it, should we also take those out?

echo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #39
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnRK View Post
Funny how you then decide to start bitching and initiating flame wars on other threads. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #40
Cyrax-Sektor

There are seven Stingers at both main bases, and two cannons (on all map sizes). Maybe removing them wouldn't be too damaging.

I'd suggest moving them, however, repositioning these cannons won't do much, as aerial vehicles are in the air, and at any time in their flight path, these guns can destroy them. The only difference with a new location is the inability to hit the vehicles on the ground in the base. Anything out there is open to fire, such as vehicles leaving the base.

|

Yay PR!
Cyrax-Sektor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, cannon, kashan, mec, please keep, remove, stay, usa, vulcan