project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo
Default Re: Remove the Vulcan and MEC AAA from Kashan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
Or a super civilians that throws big rocks..
defeintly the civis taking out the AAA from kashan main because you can TK, with it, would be like health and saftey for PR

imagine having to have a health and saftey breif before each round

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #22
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]77SiCaRiO77 View Post
i like to see them as comander deploys again , like you have to choose between the AA missils and the AAA.
No... excuse me... hell no. Those AAAs can rip through an APC like paper, and it ruins gameplay. That's why there are deployable .50 cals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #23
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperMAC View Post
No... excuse me... hell no. Those AAAs can rip through an APC like paper, and it ruins gameplay. That's why there are deployable .50 cals.
Ask youself one simple question. Whats cooler a 12.7mm machine gun with 1 barrel or a 20mm automatic cannon with 6/14.5mm machine gun with 4? (delete as appropreate)

I miss deploying them along the length of Jebals coastline, backed with BTR-90s, Grails, EYRX and RPGs.

Good times.

Or using it in the antipersonell role on Sunset or OGT.

Damn it I miss those things.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #24
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Bob_Marley View Post
Ask youself one simple question. Whats cooler a 12.7mm machine gun with 1 barrel or a 20mm automatic cannon with 6/14.5mm machine gun with 4? (delete as appropreate)
Doesn't matter which is cooler. I mean, Javelins are cool, but do you see them anywhere in PR?

Quote:
I miss deploying them along the length of Jebals coastline, backed with BTR-90s, Grails, EYRX and RPGs.

Good times.

Keep missing them.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #25
echo

I have to agree with Reaper on making them deploy-able. They are way to devastating for the opposing force attacking, though it did make it fun for the defending force.

I'm glad they are gone to say the least, though the possibility of one deploy-able 20mm cannon would be okay. It's just that they were to widely used that caused to much of a disruption in terms of game play.

echo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #26
ragchan

Yea I don't think there really neccessary, on tg yesterday the a-10 was re-arming on the ground and guess what he was tked with. A vulcan cannon... I bet if we had statistics, we would see that people have tked more with those guns then killed the enemy(the vulcans at the airfields of course). Really, you can deny the problem, and say its on server side, but still... You got to look at the facts.
ragchan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #27
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

"guns dont kill people, people kill people. guns protect people from people with smaller guns." good funny line there but the truths there, its not the weapon tking its the player.

now i do agree they shouldnt be put out at the mains cause they are just useless, but i would like to see them deployable again, they were the most formidable weapon defending any base, ever since 0.7 removed them its too easy to get into any fortified position back in the day you really had to think hard before moving in.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #28
agentscar

Send a message via Yahoo to agentscar Send a message via Skype™ to agentscar

^ Exactly!!

This is a server issue,because people in it TK...You shouldn't effect it all,just because some dumb people wanna TK..

agentscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:45 AM   #29
echo

Quote:

Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragchan View Post
Yea I don't think there really neccessary, on tg yesterday the a-10 was re-arming on the ground and guess what he was tked with. A vulcan cannon... I bet if we had statistics, we would see that people have tked more with those guns then killed the enemy(the vulcans at the airfields of course). Really, you can deny the problem, and say its on server side, but still... You got to look at the facts.
That's the problem. If their is no vulcan cannon, next it's the C4, heavy AT, etc... and so on.

echo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #30
fludblud

personally i love the cannons and i have managed to kill a plane with them.

however, the now deployable stingers completely ruin maps like zatar when the MEC can now lock onto hueys sitting on the carrier and destroy them at will, making a US victory near impossible these days

fludblud is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aaa, cannon, kashan, mec, please keep, remove, stay, usa, vulcan